Its Official!! Stage 2 RE Trackday June 10th ~ Full Day Event

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
The Singapore RE Group has Confirmed 23 cars!! Thats what i call dedication. Congrats to bro DonJuan for work well done.

sighs..... disappointed this round's Malaysia response...

where's glen's X-trail turbo ?

Dev,

i've put a thumbprint on your Cosmo Manifold when i was in millenium... it should be able to get ready on time :) can't wait to see your MONSTER Garrett turbo.....
1600 cc injectors....

Sorry fellas, due to poor planning and other commitments I can't make it this round. Have fun, drive safe and post pics!

don't worry... be happy.... at night they have function... so.... be there buy the malaysia crew a beer.... :)

The following cars will joining us tomorrow for oil testing.

1.Subaru 9
2.Evo 8
3.EVo 7.5
4.Subaru 8
5.EVo 7
6. RX-7

We will meet at Sepang at 8 o'clock. Dont be late, our registration starts from 8am till 8:30am. Follows by briefing at 8:30am. The event will start at 9am.
See ya.
Cheers.

Ok guys how do i put it...i am sadly not able to make it. the car is not ready though i was promised on more than 3 occasions it would. I shall have to go to the workshop again tomorrow and have things fitted. You guys have fun. ReRider could you please cordinate with the Malaysian gang? I really wished this would have been my turn for a run but i guess shit happens and i'll have to wait for the next event.

You guys go show them other clubs that Rotary Rocks (Reriders Famous Words) Please take pictures!!!

sorry guys since i didnt make it either.I was in a family outing and also im going to university.So getting ready for that.

Pics pls~

the track day was EXCEPTIONALLY FUN.....

although we didn't have much attendees....
but we HAD REALLY ALOT OF FUN.... summary as below

1. morning.. joewe's car got petrol smell... pump too much petrol.. so... a little bit hickup there.. but generally we're still on time....
2. our Evo and STI9 stopped on the road side during parade bcoz they cannot tahan the slowness.... no good..... but at least they didn't cause trouble.
3. we went to snatch numbers ... big big numbers that stick beside the door.... i took 002.... boony tooked 008.... Joewe fastest... 007.....the rest i can't remember... we were given really bad number.. but bcoz we stayed there later.. get to change number :P... initially we were given 93 94.... 83 84.... all 4 .4 .4 ... ahahhahah
4. then the track day started.... in a rain.......
5. joewe 2 times skidded.... behind me... bcoz 2 way LSD and expired wheels...i skidded once.. bcoz weight shifting wrong at turn 15... yes.. the accident point for me during the last track event....
6. boony's Traction control in the wet almost make him slam on the wall....
7. Joewe's car stalled in the sand/rocks... cannot go back.. stone stucked on the rotor of the brakes....
8. Joewe's mechanic came...everything cleared off... he's back on the track for 3rd session.

aiyo.. hand tired.... but i director's cut alot... next time only type more....

generally... i with my latest suspension setup... a good mentor... pushed my car to max.... did a little drift during tight turns.. but it's predictable... and i performed better than last event.... boony also became better...

the best of the day... sitting in a dfitt car... getting the face dirty with water on the floor.... it was a marvelous experience.... oh yeah... boony went to drift...lonelybitbit as well.... they DRIFT...... ahahha with their RX8....

who got pictures ar.... post la.... i didn't bring camera....

Alchemis said:
the track day was EXCEPTIONALLY FUN.....

although we didn't have much attendees....
but we HAD REALLY ALOT OF FUN.... summary as below

1. morning.. joewe's car got petrol smell... pump too much petrol.. so... a little bit hickup there.. but generally we're still on time....
2. our Evo and STI9 stopped on the road side during parade bcoz they cannot tahan the slowness.... no good..... but at least they didn't cause trouble.
3. we went to snatch numbers ... big big numbers that stick beside the door.... i took 002.... boony tooked 008.... Joewe fastest... 007.....the rest i can't remember... we were given really bad number.. but bcoz we stayed there later.. get to change number :P... initially we were given 93 94.... 83 84.... all 4 .4 .4 ... ahahhahah
4. then the track day started.... in a rain.......
5. joewe 2 times skidded.... behind me... bcoz 2 way LSD and expired wheels...i skidded once.. bcoz weight shifting wrong at turn 15... yes.. the accident point for me during the last track event....
6. boony's Traction control in the wet almost make him slam on the wall....
7. Joewe's car stalled in the sand/rocks... cannot go back.. stone stucked on the rotor of the brakes....
8. Joewe's mechanic came...everything cleared off... he's back on the track for 3rd session.

aiyo.. hand tired.... but i director's cut alot... next time only type more....

generally... i with my latest suspension setup... a good mentor... pushed my car to max.... did a little drift during tight turns.. but it's predictable... and i performed better than last event.... boony also became better...

the best of the day... sitting in a dfitt car... getting the face dirty with water on the floor.... it was a marvelous experience.... oh yeah... boony went to drift...lonelybitbit as well.... they DRIFT...... ahahha with their RX8....

who got pictures ar.... post la.... i didn't bring camera....

luckyly counter steering save my ass ler.....never gone into the grass / gravels... if not the car sure kena scratch kuat kuat :P

ok let me continue my story....
1. around 12.30 everyone gone for lunch...as usual... Eden lunch.. pretty crap...
2. after lunch... we all go warm up.. while the charity thingy Lotus team bring the kids for a parade.
3. our 3rd session..... weather condition.... HOT..... road surface.....DRY.... our tyres....STICKY.....
4. FUN.... everyone learn ALOT on the 3rd session.... we learned the exact racing line... and the RX7 RX8 are predictable according to the instructors and drivers.... yes.. i managed to learn how to drift a little while cornering... yes.. it's slightly faster.... it's not "buang"... like Adrian says.. there's a thin line between "buang" and "drift" ehehehehhe...
5. everyone had fun.... everyone came out alive.... ACCIDENT FREE....bcoz it's sticky... Proxes T1R rocks..but i feel limitation when it's too hot.... i know they are not as expensive as Neova, conti sports contact 2, or even bridgestone RE070....
6. yes.. our tyres showed significant wear... full day track is really.... TIRING....
7. 3 PM onwards.... it's 50 ringgit SIC track day.... there's where everyone gone WILD... without cones... without limitation..... but it's a good place to try out what we've learnt earlier day....

in the end of the day.... yes i finish one tank of petrol..... and RX8's.... finish with very dirty car body.... why ??????? bcoz they went drifting..... wet roads... concrete roads.... whole car like rally car...

if there's one even in the end of the year... i'm going.... recomended by the instructors to go group 2... instead of sticking at group 1..... i believe adrian is recomended for group 2 as well.

oh yeah.. one more thing... full day track day... for normal people like me... is really tiring.. end up at night cannot do anything except sleep... boony says he end up full body muscle ache...

which means..... PLENTY OF ADRENELINE poured on the event...... alot of water loses from body....

most importantly.... where most people haven't got the chance to try.... track on rainy days....

Hi guys...it was a great weekend to meet some of the RX8 members from Penang and Singapore....and also some other guys that were there for the track event...

To Adrian and Stephen and another guy with the pink shirt (sorry...that we didn't have time to formerly introduce ourselves ..paiseh..:X-: )..you guys did great as a total beginner....I hope the little tips we gave was helpful enough to kick start the drift...hope you guys enjoyed yourself...as we were pretty much very tired at the end of the day by giving out taxi rides throughout the day...and also not to mentioned the amount of tires we had to change to last the whole day....

All in all...it was great fun and we look forward for the next round....:_: ...For more pictures, please visit www.syncoptima.com/gallery.htm

Here's some pictures to share:

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?