Infamous GT-Wing Or Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2008
For ppl who really believed in quality GT-Wings or Spoilers, and have experienced the true downforce (not clown-force) that improved handling during highspeeds (160kmh-200kmh++)

plz share your experience

PS: PimpMyRide thread fans plz shut-up (for laughing at others brings u no-where)

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I guess its hard to determine how good each make is until you put them through a wind tunnel.

Malaysia...i think its basically more more aesthetics. I would really like to find one good and inexspensive ...its the phobia of watching it fly off at 200kmh and whack the car behind...die die.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
no big GT wings needed
huge ones thats being sold really wouldnt fetch the purpose for our normal cars
err see buggatti's GT wing, see M3's wing , is it dat big ?

wht frank118 said is true , windtunnel is a key here , where few millions are spent on R&D's just to built a simple spoiler for those supercars , most of these days spoilers are more to cosmetic items

Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Hmm .. then is there any differents in fibre gt wing / carbon fiber gt wing / aluminium gt wing ?

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
i personally tried using brother's gt-wing on my old junk saga (gt-wing foc from friend), i felt nothing when i bolt the gt-wing (maybe my sense is cacat, i thought)

finally when i decided to sell the junk car, i took the gt-wing off, to my surprise the car acceleration improved slightly (can feel faster) and when hit 160kmh onwards car is flying, no longer as stable with the GT-wing

as simple as 1,2,3.....GT wing slows down acceleration by abit, and increase stablity 160kmh onwards

proved it works (regardless the GT-wing design looks like shit or not, just pure simple science)

Now then, my car with "borrowed" spoiler from subaru, mounted on my nissan (i dont really care anyone laughs, i still got my big nissan emblem) I got only 2 reasons, 1st the spoiler matches the huge size of my car's arse, and 2nd i want the downforce. Proved again it works, everytime roll more than 150kmh the feel is different, taking highway bends n sometimes zig-zag during 160kmh have more grip, no more fishtail or wobbling. (well, now with the help of TEIN, more precise handling)

my 0.5cents

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Well...i think some of the carbon wings looks fantastic. I was in a friend's celica and he had one from Racecraft... pricey stuff.

We cruised at 180km and we could see it bending a little due to the wind. We felt the car twitch sometimes when there was a crosswind.

For me, its still aesthetics, I agree with Jin, go to big and it may be hazardous rather than an improvement on high speeds.

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
GT-wing looks great... and functional but only at very high speed.... since it make downforce to the rear car that makes rear tyre more grip. Very effective for FR car.

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
lets be optimistic and facts-ual in this topic :)

thanks

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
its "factual" fyi...

i agree with evryone in this that big wings are merely cosmetics purposes...those really functional ones are like mugen's, voltex, racecrafts, and what jinkl mentioned, those minimalist ones specifically for the cars model like M3 n bugatti's n lambo's etc.

even if some wings/spoilers are small and dont produce alot of downforce, it creates stability for the vehicle overall at highway speeds and maintains a smooth airflow n minimal drag..usually standard wings or OEM ones pre-fitted went thru testing with the car before production.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
"FACTS-UAL" thank you ( I WANT FACTSSSSSSSSSSSS, not nonsense) fyi

continue to topic, my car gods

factual
adjective
a factual report from the chairman truthful, true, accurate, authentic, historical, genuine, fact-based; true-to-life, correct, exact, honest, faithful, literal, verbatim, word for word, well-documented, unbiased, objective, unvarnished; formal veridical. antonym fictitious.

do you need a 1119 course in zth?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
For ppl who really believed in quality GT-Wings or Spoilers, and have experienced the true downforce (not clown-force) that improved handling during highspeeds (160kmh-200kmh++)

plz share your experience

PS: PimpMyRide thread fans plz shut-up (for laughing at others brings u no-where)
lets be optimistic and facts-ual in this topic :)

thanks
bro, u wan people to share their experiences OR state facts now? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

if its experiences, then many can share and btw, you shouldn't "limit" it to quality wings only. what's the use if people know more about quality ones and remain ignorant on what are the short-comings of a replica wing? if you really want people to share and learn something from this topic, then its better that everyone who has a gt-wing on their car share their experiences.

if you are looking for facts, as per your latest request for facts-ual stuff, then this topic might not be moving at all. not everyone will have the facts about the gt-wing that they bought and not many will know how to analyze those facts and relate it to their own driving experiences.

hope u won't mind my 2 cents :driver::biggrin:

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
mizu,
not exactly, there is a saying

"If you want ants, put some sweets there"

poket-loket,
Dont post anymore....Come out n meet me.....LOVE to see your SUPERCAR (I hope is a Lambo)

PS: I wont eat you, dont worry, very curious about u n ur car now, maybe i could learn things from you (if you worth a learning)

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
*yawns*
fstrader , good job

*yawns* , boy eagerly wants to go yumchar,
bt sorry , dnt go out with ppl with big L's on the head
motorsport ppl share a single interest and they meet without appointments
its because wht we do, no invitations needed, we meet in common places
and common events , lolx

p/s , please dont feel pedas again, we aint talking about u lolx

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
LOL! its not a lambo

humble "pre-owned GTi" only

its getting really mundane of ur comments ler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I just recently acquired the 97' Citroen ZX Volcane 2.0i (5 door, not the 16v model) from my dad as I gave him a more comfortable car for his age.

He has maintained the car to a certain extent (still runs on full synthetic without leaks and still able to reach 200km/h easily), however he has neglected the brakes/suspension/chasis part of the car, I also noticed he just drives over potholes, humps and bumps without care and I'm sure the arm/suspension is in poor shape.

Usually...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience