HP gain from High Compression Pistons

Johnny_9

Known Member
Using High Compression pistions to increase compression ratio from 10.7:1 to 12.0:1 - how much would the WHP gain be if you were already using racing cams?

- 5 WHP? :confused_smile: :shades_smile: :secret:

Last edited:
hp claim is bulls*it la....

but for every full ratio increase, expect 4% performance gain if everything else still the same.

full ratio = 1 ratio

.....like 10.0:1 -> 11.0:1

hmmm......i wonder which one is worth...considering the power gain n money invested...

1. change to CTR pistons
or
2. using CTR cams n spring with pnp head

consider for stock b16a engine...which approach will gain more power ?

thats sure thing la bro...but what if for small wallet like me...can either do one of it at a time..cant afford both.... change cams or the piston first ? which one is worth more ?

Oderf said:
thats sure thing la bro...but what if for small wallet like me...can either do one of it at a time..cant afford both.... change cams or the piston first ? which one is worth more ?

Just get info from few formens, correct me if i am wrong. changing high compression piston is a better choice.

do which ever is affordable. its a no-ending shopping spree.

take note of hidden cost.

take note of OTHER things that may relate and needed to accomdate the
new setup.

dyno run and tuning.

Oderf said:

hmm..that's y i ask which one is worth more... coz ctr piston might be cheaper than its cams...but the installation cost and tuning is another issue... so overall cost might be different.....and also have to consider the hassle that we have to go through.... but d best us to both one shot..right ?...hmmmmm.....

if u dont want the hassle of doing things one by one..put both one shot..save cost and save time...

hmmm...i'm looking fwd to that kind of upgrade...but cant afford to leave my car in the workshop as yet.....

sorry ahhh off topic a bit.... what is ITR,CTR,LS/VTEC stands for?? don't understand laaa...

ITR (Integra Type R) CTR (Civic Type R) LS/VTEC (hybrid - non vtec block i.e. b20b, b18b + vtec head system)

HanafyEG said:
ITR (Integra Type R) CTR (Civic Type R) LS/VTEC (hybrid - non vtec block i.e. b20b, b18b + vtec head system)

LS/VTEC is actually those American's term for B18B/B18A hybrid with VTEC head. LS is their Integra LS .... DA Integra family. Japan don't have LS model (don't even have 1.8 DA I believe... only 1.6).

oso can consider... if u put 2liter or maybe 2.2liter stroker kit in b18 motor... ha ha ha

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom