How to remove SRS light?

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
I just change to momo steering recently. Due to my previous steering is equiped with SRS Air bag, now the srs light keep on blinking. How do i remove the srs light? Some recon to remove the srs bulb but very hassle coz need to take out the meter panel. I heard some one say remove the srs ecu will do the trick. Just wondering where is the srs ecu located and how do i remove it. Driving a sgti siemens version. Solution is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jimmyccs

Apr 11, 2007
First option is to fit back the steering with SRS Airbag as it could save ur life in an accident.
Second it's better to remove the bulb instead coz the car might not start if u remove the SRS ECU as it might have other built-in application for other parts. Better to consult your authorized dealer, u cant claim insurance if u remove the SRS airbag when something happened.

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
yup...better put back the SRS steering.. my experience .. it save my life ..even i'm drive 1997 1.3 satria and didn't realize that SRS still functioning.. :driver:

spartacus

Jul 11, 2008
you should get a boss kit with srs bypass in the first place..go back to the shop where u bought ur boss kit from and ask them for the srs bypass thingy..its some sort of a device where it connects to you srs cable behind ur steering. once fix, the light will not turn on..

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
the srs module is under your armrest. Remove your armrest and unplug the cable. Then the srs will stop light up.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can u please share info with me..

Is it ok if i want to change just the Spring without changing the absober.

I thought i want to change my standard spring to the Eibach Pro-Kit but still using the original absober.

what is your advise?

thank you!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience