how to prevent wheel spin???

dding9811

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
seremban
:) hello ppl...can anyone tell me how to prevent whell spin
from my waja evo7(locked front wheel)...especially in 1st and 2nd gear...it just spin all the way to red line..using a 16"wheel and 17"wheel make any differences??i uderstand that it comes with LSD gearbox but how come it still spin like hell!!??!
please help !! :)

dding9811

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
seremban
what item it need to add in order to change to 4wd???
no more driveshaft..how much it cost around?!? :)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
step on pedal a little bit lor :P dont floor. ha ha ha..i am so funny

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
dding, since u have edi transplanted a E7 onto a waja then i think u shud know that all E's are 4wd.

and yes differ said is not legal in malaysia, if its in the track then ok but public roads sorry la...and also not cheap to do a waja convert 4wd..so far havent heard of a waja putting 4wd.

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
downgrade engine...hehhehehehehehhe....

get FULL lock LSD....

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
speedz1665 said:
downgrade engine...hehhehehehehehhe....

get FULL lock LSD....
still can spin leh :)
1.6mivec with FL LSD also can still spin a lil.. but the launch is much more better...

ehehehe

re_fc3s

Apr 28, 2005
At how many '000 are you launching the car? If you are flooring the pedal to 7k before you release the clutch, then you might just need to ligthen your right foot a bit and find the 'sweet spot' of your car.

What size rims are you using anyway? If you are on 16' i think it shouldn't keep 'spinning all the way' till red line. Unless you got some monsta spec in you e7. Do u or still stock?

Here's a tip. When you hear it spin, stop stepping so hard on the throttle!! hahhahaha if it spins even when launching, it will definitely keep spinning as long as you don't let the tire get some tranction.

Like the above said, if this doesn't works, get full lock LSD and then get management and set the boost lo. 1st gear 0.4bar, 2nd gear 0.5bar, 3rd-5th gear 2 bar + nos if you have it... doubt it will spin.. hahhaha

cheers!

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
modding your waja/evo to fulltime 4WD may not b legal but i suppose it depends on how YOU think of it la. if ur ok with sneaking around and forking out some money (touchwood IF u get caught) then ok lor. but if the officers dun wanna accept bribe (highly unlikely) then i dunno la hehe start praying. with the fulltime 4WD you're gonna experience minimum wheelspin but u may notice some power drop (as my fren did) but if u have slammed in a massive HKS, gReddy t88 etc etc or really tricked out that engine for hardcore power over the whole powerband won't b a problem.

also alternatively like the others have already mentioned try not 2 slam the gas when launching from standstill. somebody mentioned finding that 'sweet spot' - experiment la a bit on the track / or road from traffic light etc c which rpm gives u the fastest jump outta standstill lor. if ur waja is more of a 'weekend car' maybe u could go for some semi-slicks or other sorts o drag tyre. that will definitely cut the wheelspin down some.

last of all, evo7 screamer in a waja?! WOW that's nice man! not 2 common yet... wish i could afford a nice evo7 engine :) still shiny n new...

dding9811

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
seremban
thank you all pll for various suggestion,i dun think i'll change it to 4wd after hearing NOT legal.hehe!!...since i'm a newbie here..just wanna check with you ppl..what is the standard boost(bar) ..?? cause it shows 1.2(peak) on boost meter..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guyz ,

I own a Mercedes W210 V6 1998 model and recently Planning to have an upgrade of Power to Supercharger ( Preferably Kleeman M112 ) .
So I am Looking for a Tuning Shop that will get it done correctly Around Johor .

Kindly advise any tuning shop Known
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience