how to modify D16A???

tecque

500 RPM
i got a ej6 which got d16a inside if not mistaken...
i plan to change to manual gearbox, how much will cost?
Does the high cam useful for it? it can be convert to single cam vtec right??? i plan to put SAFC also.. how about the eksoz????
any sifu can give me advice???

Last edited:
find for Crespo Cams !!

bro try going for crespo cams..find them on the net n there get the info..jus a suggestion

how much will the crespo cam cost?? how much power will increase???

I have a d16a in my SR3, i have asked around before and i dun think it can be converted to a single cam vtec unless u change the wiring altogether. and if ur going to find a gearbox as well u might as well save up the money and go for a halfcut.

i'm also running with an safc which dun really make a whole lot of difference.

google word "minime" and search how to hybrid nonvtec D16 engine with vtec head...

wut is the power diff if this is done compared to a B16A? there's a lot of numbers in the forum you suggested but i dun understand. is it worth going thru finding all those stuff? vtec wiring isn't easy to come by.

Bro... What would you like to do? NA/FI? auto-x, drag, just a fun daily driver? It all depends on what you want from the motor as to what the next step should be.

and ofcoz.. how deep is ur pockets!

haha.. just a fun daily driver who needs to get to places.. FAST.. haha

of course.. a budget racer too... :p

thanks for the tip man..

hmm..i am confuss...d16a not SOHC Vtec?? Mine is also d16? not too sure but I think is d16e, its Sohc Vtec...

The best way to get some fresh ideas on how to soup up your D16A is by reading HondaTuning Magazine. Almost every month they will feature an article on D16A, they dun just focus on B or K series.

It actually depends on your budget ..... but if u think that by souping up the D16 would cost u more than 6K...might as well put in the big Bro inside.

isn't the D16's capabilities limited.. i think the big bro will have more potential and would go further.. so no point spending in the D16.. but that's just me.

hey, i see ur name popping up in a lot of forums. i saw that u're in a team called CRD? wut does it stand for? u guys have really nice and fast cars.. keep it up.. by the way, i'm eugene.. wut's ur name? i'm quite raw at these stuff so might need to get to know more sifus.. hehe

WhiteSpoonCivic said:
isn't the D16's capabilities limited.. i think the big bro will have more potential and would go further.. so no point spending in the D16.. but that's just me.

hey, i see ur name popping up in a lot of forums. i saw that u're in a team called CRD? wut does it stand for? u guys have really nice and fast cars.. keep it up.. by the way, i'm eugene.. wut's ur name? i'm quite raw at these stuff so might need to get to know more sifus.. hehe

My name popping up in a lot of forums ?? Cos I got nothing to do la bro...doing despatch work is boring work you know ...

CRD ?? hehe....try and PM Avantasia for the meaning of it. Thanks for noticing TeAM CRD. We dun have fast cars actually...we only THINK that we have fast cars heheheheheheheheh

Btw, I'm azli.....24 yrs of age muahahahahahha

Last edited:
yea.. the price you have to pay to go from lil league to palying with the big boys.. haha

Slowly save up $$$....

I drove the same Honda Civic for 7 years (SOHC) before I ventured into B series. Settled my car loan first. I've only exposed to VTEC slightly over 2 years oredi, still at infant stage lah....

haha.. maybe i'll do that too.. if not i hope i can get some extra income to speed things up doing franchising...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom