How to identify a fake and ori brand ice?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sentinal3_16

Known Member
I have seen many branded components selling cheap.Example;kickers,rogers,caliber and many more.

Futhermore some even with 1 year warranty.So how to know if these are fakes or ori's?Can a fake sound as good as ori?

Please advice.Thanks.

call for da serial number verification.....

Fake speakers will never ever sound as good as original, to begin with. If it ever sounds better, the original company should just close their business. Secondly, even in the wildest dream that the fake brands sound better, it won't last long due to the quality of materials used.

Generally, if you're looking for reputable brands, try to go for bigger and famous shops for installation. Their more likely to sell genuine products and besides, you won't go wrong with their installation job. Also, if you happen to see a Soundstream amplifier selling at half the normal price, you might wanna think twice. I've seen a MTX amps that looked so much alike the original one. If you put side by side, you really need to closely inspect the finer details, only then you know one is fake. But the fake one is selling almost 1/3 the price.

I have seen some forumers here selling many of these items.Can i trust them?Can anybody recommend some forumers who sell geinune item.Thanks.

if test by listening it would be hard for beginners, i suggest they stick to reputable shops, or get used items known to be originals. id rather get a used good item than a new questionable item at the same price. quality products usually last longer bcoz of the higher grade components, so its less of a risk i think.

Nowadays lots of cheap rip-offs, especially pioneer brands. Imagine getting a brand new pioneer tweeter for RM30...? Boxes look so much like the ori one, but when u use it, burns out very fast. I got a friend who's doing wholeselling of audio products and sometimes they even have headache over products, that's why they usually order direct from sources they trust. IMHO, ori or not is another story, if you tried it and are happy with it, plus it's lasting, why bother if it's ori or not? If you can get warranty, so much the better =)

depends on wat brand u are looking at. for example, MBquarts speaker use ABS plastic to hold the cone, coil and magnet. while fake one use metals. Normally "fake" speakers have better finishing than the original one. Looks alot fancier because they trying to convince the customer that they are "original" which in fact they are not. They can't imitate 100% anyway. Finishing may look nice, but the build quality is still not there.
I've encounter fake soundstream x6c comp set before. It looks 99% like original. but then when u hear the sound, its like the crossover not doin its job, the tweeters are filled with vocal! the speaker are so sharp, its hurting my ear, giving me headaches!

For amplifier, to differentiate between fake and ori, u can check with the supplier for the serial number printed behind the amplifier. All ori amp will come with it. Because its needed to claim warranty.

For subwoofer, the lousy build quality of those fake brands will immediately tell u its fake.

hi, there is no fake one laa...right know alot car audio company has been move to china to make amp, hu & speaker...if U check properly u will know exactly what is going on in ICE around U...dont suprise if bigger company also there..no need to mention ...latest news is MBquart no longer Germany made ..but US design...US Company (Maxxsonics) who produce Crunch, Hifonic & Autotek the new owner.... :thumpdown

We should not speculate. Try calling them and see what they say. I'm sure they won't lie since they are a pretty big company. They should be able to tell you who owns them.

http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/contact/

http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/home/

They have also participated in the CES 2005 in Las Vegas, perhaps you can check with CES organizers on MB Quart's status.

With globalization, companies are being sold/bought, merged etc. Even the high-end Scan-speak driver manufacturer D-S-T (Danish Sound Technology) has just merged with Tymphany of USA, with I think Tymphany holding majority shares. This does not mean that the D-S-T factory has closed down. Just changed management.

Sometimes its for the better, sometimes not but the main thing is that the company has enough money to provide good support, maintain the equipment and machinery for production, R&D for future products etc.

Back to the topic. The only way to make sure you're buying originals is to buy from a known source. If you're buying from a shop (dealer), you can always call the local distributor for the brand and check if this shop is an authorized dealer. Some dealers may not take from local distributors but from third parties and the problem lies there as many of them do not even know they are stocking up fakes.

As for parallel importers or wholesalers that import directly from the manufacturer or other third parties, the only way is to seek referrals to ascertain their credibility. If asked, they should be able and willing to tell you the source of the goods. They should also be willing to stand behind the goods they sell and provide a refund or exchange if you are not satisfied or getting what you have paid for (an original product).

Ask questions if you're not sure. Bring someone that knows the product. Of course ask the right honest person and not those that can just speculate.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom