How to differentiate B16B cam and other Vtec cam

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Yiloong

500 RPM
Dear All Vtec sifu,

Anyone care to tell me how to differentiate between B16B cam and other Vtec cam. Thanks

theres will be 2 engraved rings at the side of the intake cams for the CTR.

do a websearch. theres heaps of pix on comparisons.

Last edited:
here we go....

typercams.jpg

the lobe measurement for the vtec lobe is 37 using caliper...
the b18cr one is 36 if not mistaken.

ha..ha..well explained by hattech....i wanna add picture la...kan aaaa ?

ITRcam.jpg
[/IMG]

crazy4honda said:
what about the performance?

Intake cam of the CTR has a difference of only a mere 2 degrees over the ITR cams. And most articles i've read say that difference on the road cannot be felt (both damn good)
Exhaust cam is identical.

Remember these cams tapau JUN and TODA in mid range... :regular_smile:

theres not much of a real-life comparison between the ITRs and the CTRs. too much obssession i see over the CTRs made the price went sky rocket for 2nd hand. if the block is being done properly with the right compression and headwork, no doubt the aftermarket high cams will outrun the ITRs/CTRs. its more on the spending power at the end of the day.

i beg 2 differ,d CTR cam IS superior compared 2 pre "00 ITR cams.....altho very minute diff btween both cams in term of lift degree,d outcome is not dat minute.. =)
anyway,00spec ITR cams=B16B cams.... =)
Type R stuffs?love it.......performance n reliability all in one..muaahhss...
hehehehhehe

akuma said:
i beg 2 differ,d CTR cam IS superior compared 2 pre "00 ITR cams.....altho very minute diff btween both cams in term of lift degree,d outcome is not dat minute.. =)
hehehehhehe

..now i know what's in your CRX...heheheh...

akuma said:
hehehehhehe

have'nt really had the priviledge to taste both of these cams back to back. My comments was based on stuff i read in honda tuning only..

hmmm.... i believe there's 'can feel' difference between those CTR n ITR cams if installed in the same engine....

udeng,
wat toking u?i tot d WHOLE world oredy know wat's in my CRX..its an original JDM EF7 1.6Twin Cam Si.....wat else u want?u wanna donate me ur B16A?very welcome...dank yew... =)
TODA ROCKS!!!!

akuma said:
udeng,
wat toking u?i tot d WHOLE world oredy know wat's in my CRX..its an original JDM EF7 1.6Twin Cam Si.....wat else u want?u wanna donate me ur B16A?very welcome...dank yew... =)
TODA ROCKS!!!!

..don't bluff....your LPT fren told me that your car "worth racing with" ler....that's what he told me ler...panasss....panass....hehehehh......

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom