How to differentiate ek9 spring from other ek/ej spring..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

dimetri86

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
hi all.. i wish to buy a ek9 spring.. but i dunno how to differentiate ek9 spring from other civic(ek/eJ) spring.i afraid been scam by the chop shop.. pls.. help...

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
it should look like this for the ek9 ohliginal shocks and springs
http://www.avantech.com.my/catalog/images/ek9-absorber-c2.JPG
i think picture dun really help much coz i think the coil spring look almost identical to standard version unless someone ever took spring down and measure its diameter and spring rate. There are color label on the coil if it's still visible. The coil should have the following color label as blue, red and finally green from top to bottom as seen here:

I could be wrong so don't quote me coz I remember seeing standard ek coil with different color combination. If you don't see any color on the coil then you are at the mercy of the chop shop knife. They call them chop shops for a reason that you don't wanna know, CHOP your neck.........

The absorber itself is very easy to identify with part number labeled on it and it's bigger in diameter.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
honda should just stamp the spring rates on the springs to make life easier :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen Malaysia has just launched their brand new car, the 2011 Polo GTI. Powered by the same engine as the 1.4 litre Golf, this one has a supercharger/Turbo charger combo which is simply masturbation material for us gear heads. But priced at RM139,000, is that justifiable.

What are your impressions of the car and would you pay that amount of money for it? Seems a bit much as you can get anything from new Civics, to used Evo's for that price. But the 5 year maintenance free plan is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience