How much power can vr4/evo twin port take?

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Just wondering, whats the limit for vr4/evo twin ports? How do you judge the weight/power limit for twin ports?

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Not really know,

But u can assume it, since EVO3 still using the same twin port as VR4 RS (rumour said, not know how truth), and with the help of the original car rear brake, 260bhp is not a problem.

But if u just install the front dual pot in your car without the rear from VR4 or EVo's, then it's hard to predict.

Just try an error.

Good Luck :D

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
i think vr4 twin pot and evo twin pot are the same..both oso running on 2 piston..dats wht i heard from frens..
if u go for evo = more expensive
if u go for VR4 = not so expensive

i assume its the same cus both is oso twin pot..unless u go for a better brake pads like ENDLESS..or mebi 4 pot brakes like GTO or nissan's brakes..
seen one of my fren's GTI GSR put nissan brakes cus using nissan calipers..i duno how many pots..
hope im rite and it helps too..
ciao :P

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
those brakes not only from evo & vr4 but , pajero v6 , airtrek also is using the twin port brakes .

good brake pads , bigger master cylinder , servo & steel braided hose should give better brakings .

the evo & gsr rear disc brakes are just the same as the wira 1.6 or putra & gti .

Combustion

Apr 6, 2004
anyone care to elaborate what is master cylinder and what's servo? always get these 2 mixed up

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Since what brakes are used is dependant on the weight and speed, weight should be a constant (unless heavier engine transplant or additions to the car). Then the variable should be the speed. Sdf, your 400hp on wheel power still using stock vr4 twin ports right? If thats the case, I should feel safe up to 400hp.

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
well well welll most race cars all around the world on mitsubishi evo1,2,3 or even colt or etc with more then 500bhps on wheel and which are making like 8 or 9sec passes at 1/4mile drag strips are also using the twin ports..whether evo or vr4
so just get twin ports,good brake pads,good brake hose,and servo pump those evo or vr4 ones surely superb brakes already..but the lightter the car is even better brakes and handling as well...

cheers
JOSHUA
millennium

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ciao to everybody
I've bought new 3 gauge, when i fit them into my car...2 temperature gauge and one pressure gauge.....two gauges are ok...one gauges isn't....it has the illumination for an half of his surface....
The gauge are greddy V2, i like them very much, but i'm really disappointed about that...they are new, but one of them doesn't work fine.....
I can find some led replacement for this gauge?
Thanks a lot for everyone who can help me
Sorry for my english...i hope you can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience