Honda releases special edition Concept M models

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Honda Malaysia have rolled out a series of special edition vehicles that are collectively known as the Concept M models, after the leading letter of the company's official accessories partners, Modulo and Mugen.

The Concept M vehicles will be factory fitted with their respective accessories and will only be available in shades of white.

“Through an internal survey conducted amongst Honda customers, we found a good number of them showed preference for car accessories that add exclusivity and sportiness to their vehicles, especially those manufactured by Mugen and Modulo. With this finding, and in view of the increasing trend of preference for white shaded vehicles in Malaysia market, we have created a white-coloured fleet of Concept M special edition models to fulfil customers’ demand,” said Rohime Shafie, President and Chief Operating Officer of Honda Malaysia.

The lineup of vehicles under the Concept M banner will be the Civic 2.0 and Jazz 1.5 with Mugen kits and the Accord 2.4 with a Modulo kit.

Exterior wise, the Civic will come fitted with a Mugen front, rear and side spoiler, rear wings and a set of Enkei wheels in pewter grey. On the inside, it receives grey leather stitched seats and the glass gets the Ecotint treatment to keep the cabin cool. Only 210 units will be available nationwide and it will retail for a cool RM137,980.00.

If you need to jazz up your Jazz, the Concept M Jazz gets a Mugen front aero bumper, side, rear under and wing spoiler as well as windows tinted with Ecotint. Exclusivity is the name of the game here as only 20 units will be available at a price of RM116,800.00.

Finally, the Accord receives a Modulo front grille, door visor, trunk spoiler and illuminated side steps. Of course, the interior receives the same classy treatment with grey leather stitched seats and Ecotint tinted windows. The Accord however, also gets an additional bonus in the form of a Garmin Nuvi navigation unit. There'll only be 120 units for sale with each retailing at RM176,800.00.

Concept M vehicles are already available at Honda showrooms for viewing. For more information, log onto www.honda.com.my or ring up their toll free number at 1-800-88-2020.