Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Higher Revving cars vs Lower Revving cars

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Hey all,
I have a question for you Sifu's out there if you dont mind answering it.Here is a short scenario first :

Lets say there are 2 cars.One is a Mitsubishi GSR Turbo, and another is a Honda Integra B18C.GSR redlines at about 7000 RPM where else the B18C redlines at about 11,000 RPM. But to my understanding, i dont think 11,000 RPM revving means B18C is faster than GSR. The GSR might be at 70 KMH at Gear 1 and 7000 Revs and the B18C might be also at 70 KMH at gear 1 and 11,000 Revs.So here are my few questions :

1)What is the benefits/advantages of having a higher Rev car?Like a car that has 11,000 RPM instead of 7,000 RPM for example.

2)How do i make a higher revving car to my advantage to make it faster?

Thats all i think.A little explanation about torque and Revving might be helpfull also...

Thanks so much in advance my friends !

Last edited:
:biggrin: Hi ! Bro
(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower

If both engine that makes same torque at 7,000 rpm and 11,000 rpm .

Engine A (7,000 rpm with 200 pound-feet of torque)
(200 x 7,000rpm ) / 5,252 = 266.5 horsepower

Engine B (11,000 rpm with 200 pound-feet of torque)
(200 x 11,000 rpm ) / 5,252 = 418.8 horsepower

And thats why Formula ONE Engine rev up to 18,000 rpm to make 900 horsepower

A329878 said:
:biggrin: Hi ! Bro
(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower

If both engine that makes same torque at 7,000 rpm and 11,000 rpm .

Engine A (7,000 rpm with 200 pound-feet of torque)
(200 x 7,000rpm ) / 5,252 = 266.5 horsepower

Engine B (11,000 rpm with 200 pound-feet of torque)
(200 x 11,000 rpm ) / 5,252 = 418.8 horsepower

And thats why Formula ONE Engine rev up to 18,000 rpm to make 900 horsepower

What EXACTLY is pound-feet of torque ? I read from multiple sources about Torque and such, but i dont really understand it.

Torque = how fast the RPM goes up ?

How do you check how much pound-feet of torque your car have, and how do you increase torque for your car ?

11k rpm? wah,, spoon car is it? hahaha
anyways,

1) advantage of high revs is you get to save petrol because peak power are usually near the end of the rpm, i.e 8000rpm, so basically u can drive like a granny when you wanna save petrol ( low rpms ) or rev till redline when ur bored (high rpms). not like turbo,, around 3k then booostttttt~~ vroom psshttt

2) i dont really get your point dude,, but if you want power.. you can always modify ur engine internals.. blabla.
but u have to remember that turbo is turbo,, NA is NA.. no point comparing apples and oranges.

samco said:
11k rpm? wah,, spoon car is it? hahaha
anyways,

1) advantage of high revs is you get to save petrol because peak power are usually near the end of the rpm, i.e 8000rpm, so basically u can drive like a granny when you wanna save petrol ( low rpms ) or rev till redline when ur bored (high rpms). not like turbo,, around 3k then booostttttt~~ vroom psshttt

2) i dont really get your point dude,, but if you want power.. you can always modify ur engine internals.. blabla.
but u have to remember that turbo is turbo,, NA is NA.. no point comparing apples and oranges.

u sure above 3000rpm, the turbine is alwiz gonna boost? i can make the boost meter shows negative reading while revving above 5000rpm, its in the way u control the throttle. and, turbo was made for fuel saving, as it makes the engine runs more efficient. power increase is a bonus imo
integra R's revv limit isnt at 11k rpm bro, dats a modified version. if u mod a turbo motor, it wud give out similar power output, in lower revv. if u mod it to support 11krpm also, den the power output wud be higher, just as the green AE86 from sabah, wit a 4AGE 16V turbo. and to think an SEG 20V turbo is sumwhere in subang, awesome!!

it all depends on how much torque or horsepower is being produced at each rpm.

no point revving so high if there is no torque or horsepower.

example:

b20b owners shift at 7-8k rpm

vs

b18cr owners shift at 9k rpm

it all depends on your torque / horsepower vs on each rpm

furthermore, and the most important, can ur internals keep up wit it. can ur valve springs react fast enuff during high revving? many2 other factors bro, anyone can increase the revv limit and tune sky high but witout internal mods, i dont think the engine wud last 2 seconds. one hard revv and the "weak" internals splutter all over the place.

look where the peak torque is on the torque curve. If it max'es is low rpm, why bother going for super high rpms... but for me, i prefer strong mid-range...

yeah!..stimmm...... vrooOOOOMMM PAAAAAANNNNGGGGGG!!!! :biggrin:

zero4 since me got nothing better to do at 4am.. hahahahhahahaa.....
9.8 shift lahhh...... lansiii lahhhhhhhhhh........

Max rev 4 single coil B series engine could b?

My few cents.......

Due 2 its single coil n d internal ignition components designed of d B series ignition system. d optimum allowable rev would b only up 2 9200 rpm. Any higher engine cycles than tis will cause unstable trigger pulses o'ready!

B4 thinking of revving 2 11000 rpm in tis B engine, u must improve its ignition rise-time b4 u can utilise d very high rev cams profiles!

When F1 engineer can rev 2 almost 20,000 rpm now. tis does not mean v can do it that easy!

chelle said:
zero4 since me got nothing better to do at 4am.. hahahahhahahaa.....
9.8 shift lahhh...... lansiii lahhhhhhhhhh........

my stock engine where can tahan, 9.5k cut liaooooo, test it on b20s lerrrrr, aahhahaahahahahahaa

oh yeah, i totally forgotten about the spark charging time. its just useless if either u cant produce good spark in time, or worse if u can produce any spark at all at high revv. an individual coil is a must, for precise spark timing if u really, really want to do revv sky high

zero4 said:
my stock engine where can tahan, 9.5k cut liaooooo, test it on b20s lerrrrr, aahhahaahahahahahaa

Wah both monster car... 9.x rpm wow...

zero4 said:

ahahahahhahaha cannnn.. u know so many of them.. u go ask whether they let u test anot kay...?? hehehehehhehe
TMRW coming watch show anotttt... after sumone go peel sticker arrr den arrrrrr i cannot help u d wan worrrzzz.. =(

chelle said:
ahahahahhahaha cannnn.. u know so many of them.. u go ask whether they let u test anot kay...?? hehehehehhehe
TMRW coming watch show anotttt... after sumone go peel sticker arrr den arrrrrr i cannot help u d wan worrrzzz.. =(

they sure let me test loh, they say blow oredi ganti rugi loh, mauhauhauauhauha, i mana dare nieeeeeeeeee

dragooon squadd ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, last nite was in carlos, marie cant book too many for the GSC thing woh she says, so i not watching lohhhhhh, i also want to watch lahhhhh, dragon squaad niceeeeeeeeeeeee, howww lahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom