HELP !!! Wira 1.5GLi (M) Over Heating Problem

WCK

Sep 22, 2005
Perak
i'm driving wira 1.5 gli year 1998. i facing overheating problem each time i running on highway.

may i know whats the normal water temperature level proton wira 1.5 gli (m) ? town use water temperature level ? and highway crusing water temperature level?

i hv service my radiator, the problem also same
i taken out the termostat, the problem also same

may i know what should i do next... any bro facing some problem with me....

need help !!!!! can any bros pm me what should i do now???

running out of idea !!! coz i need to travel very often.... really need help from some pro here...

thank you....

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
wat about the level of radiator water, do u find that u always have to top up often?

WCK

Sep 22, 2005
Perak
tofu_manic,

water level very nice, no top-up needed
thats why i running out of idea

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
im driving same car too...my normal temp is near quarter below the half gauge.. no matter in city or at highways speeding..

better bring it to a shop....if under warranty bring to proton back...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
the reason i ask is because im facing this problem right now and ive figured out the source which is a blown gasket hehe

drive for 30 minutes and 1/3 of radiator water gone

good luck dude n keep us updated!

WCK

Sep 22, 2005
Perak
my blown my gasket b4, and top overhaul ade
but the problem still there
but the mechanic say my radiator is local 1, he say cooling not so nice. can this be the problem of my overheating problem.

if i change to wira 1.6 radiator, can the problem been solve or not. if scared later i change to wira 1.6 radiator, the problem still same, then wasting $$$ only

tofu_manic,

ic

K_Takuya,

for city driving, really under half gauge

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
the thing is, from the start you have never had this problem previously even with ur local radiator right? changing to a bigger, or more cores radiator will help cooling, however the source of the problem is still there, and will only get worse...

it is unlikely then it is ur local radiator that is causing the overheating, u have serviced it summore...

wat bout ur radiator cap? checked it?

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Just curious and for my own general knowledge...how do you know the cap is not leaking ?

It's a pressure cap. Will it be necessary to see actual physical coolant leakage before a leakage is suspected ? As far as I understand, a pressure leakage in the seals does not necessarily mean a physical leakage of coolant. Sure hope someone can clarify this.

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
yeah i oso have the same problem
at city drive the needle is quarter ,when i at like NPE highway speed over 120 and keep pushing it the needle fly up to half and 1 more before red ,it always oso happen when i drive up genting with the aircorn off
is this normal??? but the mechanic says its normal when the needle is just 1 bar below red line

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
same wit my old wira engine but after wash the radiator the problem solve the mech says there is a block in the paip,.
now my mivec engine is very hot even can cook an egg, when open the bonet i can see wave of heat rush out form my engine compartment ,is that normal?? my water temp show normal the niddle not event touch the middle bar

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
previously it was never like this? if it wasnt, then no, it is not normal..

skyhawkheng

500 RPM
May 6, 2005
puchong,setapak
how bout water pump? I used to have a similiar case like yours, that time was came from my gasket "kong" already.

Have you change your water pump? it is advisable to change water pump when u wan to change timing belt together.

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
how bout water pump? I used to have a similiar case like yours, that time was came from my gasket "kong" already.

Have you change your water pump? it is advisable to change water pump when u wan to change timing belt together.
Owh, thts good to know. Thank you

WCK

Sep 22, 2005
Perak
water pump changed, radiator serviced, gasket changed, water in reserve-tank also at same level after long journey, but the water temp. still after above half and abit when crusing 110-120kmh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alo everyone who is viewing this thread, i hope u all can help me with these msd thingy... me blur blur..

i saw on their website, there got ignition, coil, n etc.... very confusing... so i would like to know.. is it possible to install a MSD coil in a 4g13p carburettor? do we need any major mod? where do we install this thing?? near distributor ar??

hope u all guide me n thus improving my knowledge... :_: tq very much...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience