help reading out spark plug condition

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I want to borrow thread. If I drive my car hard like uphill Genting. After that I notice that my exhaust smell like burning smell. Any related to this?

61tom

Aug 17, 2012
miramar, florid
Too many variables to make a judgement on plug.
From the color it looks like you have a lean condition but if engine was at extreme load you should have heard some pinging.
Fuel additives nowdays will give a grayish color to the plugs also, should have same co;or at least three threads up, try to get a better angle on picture.
But if you have cracks on porcelain it is too lean.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I want to borrow thread. If I drive my car hard like uphill Genting. After that I notice that my exhaust smell like burning smell. Any related to this?
Could be your brakes, if manual maybe your clutch too....

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

hi,

i recently serviced my car and asked the mech to take out the spark plug to see the condition of it,

below is the pic:

it looks like its in healthy condition judging by the light gray deposit but the cracks look like i have been experiencing detonation

any help?
Looks like running lean. If overheat will turn yellow.....

Oct 8, 2012
USA, Chicago il
well for me it seems to be a little bit fine but if you are not feeling it right than you should probably change it what so ever i mean i would have been changed them if the plugs were lean i mean you could see exactly in the picture right and if there are cracks in the porcelain then why take risk simply just just them if you would like to........

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI,

any one tried before water injection ?........

where can the high pressure pump, not fuel pump...
and the nozzle,,,,

where can get in malaysia, hm i saw those fan have spray bubble water too but where to get the thing ?.........
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience