Help!! Radio Reception Not Good

aboo

Dec 29, 2003
Morning guys,

My radio's reception is not good, last time used to be good. I didnt do any major mod or anything. I have changed the antenna but to no avail. Is it possible that the HU FM receiver itself is at fault? Theres something like an FM signal amp in the HU right? Fyi, Im using Eclipse 3403. Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers~!

mycd7

Dec 27, 2004
KL
I face the same problem bfr when changing from Balupunkt to Alpine HU. Had the HU chk by Alpine and they quote no problem with the HU tuner system. Finally, somebody recommend me to buy Bosch antena & my bad reception problem solved although not as good as Blaupunkt HU tuner quality. Price around RM150 and it's in-cabin type. Chk with Robert Bosch or acc shops.

aboo said:
Morning guys,

My radio's reception is not good, last time used to be good. I didnt do any major mod or anything. I have changed the antenna but to no avail. Is it possible that the HU FM receiver itself is at fault? Theres something like an FM signal amp in the HU right? Fyi, Im using Eclipse 3403. Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers~!

aboo

Dec 29, 2003
Wah 150 bucks for the antenna. Looks like I'll be listening to CDs fo a while. Thanks 4 the feedback :) Maybe I shud get my HU checked too.

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
mine also the same problem..

more terrible because it only have cassette player..already change the antenna also..
not working la..not worth la buying cassette..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i'm also facing similar problems, but mines a bit diff, reception was ok last time, but after installing an amplifier, the sound seems softer and reception got worst. what is the cause?

aboo

Dec 29, 2003
Basically i think its the FM signal which is not strong enough going into the HU either due to:

1. electronics of the car, interference maybe?
2. HU receiver itself not good
3. physical connection probs

- my 2 cents -

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While i was watching a video about Windows 8, a topic on his RSS feed make me want to find.. When i found it.

Well i have no comment.. what do u guys think?? great??

for me it sucks..

Mitsubishi fans u have been warn..

this crazy art is made by Dirk Skreber

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience