help on diy install msd

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
recently i just bought a msd and i have some several problem in indentify the correct wire to tap from the distributor..The wire i want to find is ignition coil(+) wire and Negative(-) but i could find it...not dare simply tap later the coil burnt...

Does any 1 know the wire as i'm using wira 1.6 sohc..really appreciate the help...Thanks...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
bro... which msd u bought??... i have the installation guide for msd products (downloaded from msd website last time)... but cant seem to upload it to the server... u let me know which msd product u using i printscreen for u and post it up...

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
no i just want to know which wire to tap from the distributor. i know i need to tap a positive(+) ignition coil wire and negative but there are so many wires there so asking wether anyone diy install b4

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
sorry just asking what is msd ?
multiple spark discharge

Welcome to MSD Ignition

no i just want to know which wire to tap from the distributor. i know i need to tap a positive(+) ignition coil wire and negative but there are so many wires there so asking wether anyone diy install b4
ur engine using distributor or external coil??... if ur distributor only has 4 cables coming out (for a 4cylinder engine la), u will need to modify ur distributor... if it has 5 cables, means the middle cable connects to ur external coil...

basic wiring for MSD is..

RED - Switched 12 volt source.
ORANGE - Connects to coil negative.
BLACK - Connects to engine ground.
WHITE - Points or electronic ignition trigger
MAGNETIC PICKUP - 2-Pin Connector
VIOLET - Positive (+)
GREEN - Negative (-)

Note: The White wire and magnetic pickup wiring will never
be connected at the same time.

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
i'm using stock setup the coil in together in the distributor same like saga..i just wan to know which wire that is connect to the distributor represent coil positive terminal and negative i just need to tap from there..then done:burnout:

other i already connect just this 2 only...by the way i'm using 6al

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i'm using stock setup the coil in together in the distributor same like saga..i just wan to know which wire that is connect to the distributor represent coil positive terminal and negative i just need to tap from there..then done:burnout:

other i already connect just this 2 only...by the way i'm using 6al
mayb this can help u clarify things...

MSD_INSTALL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ZTH-ians,

One of my friend is selling her car. Her car is still under bank loan. She and the buyer already agreed on price and now is finalising the sale of her car.
The buyer has never bought a car and has asked a car dealer to help him arrange everything. Loan as been approved. However, now the dealer wants my friend to sign the change of ownership form first then only he said that she will received the money. According to him, the buyer's bank will only release the money once my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience