Good & Bad about Evo vs Subaru

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I haven't seen the new NSX (on tv or reviews) and ya.. LaFerrari. Forgot about that one!
Still one more year to go until the release date for NSX.

Evo and WRX STI, don't know whether will they go hybrid or not for their next model.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Never heard Mitsubishi experimenting much with diesel engine. But I've heard of Mitsubishi being the world's first company that features a variable valve timing (MIVEC) system on a diesel engine. Suddenly so ambitious want to jump to turbo diesel? But diesel engines usually can't rev high and doesn't sound that good compared to petrol engine. An evo that doesn't sound good? :banghead:
audi R10~R18 TDI in fact doesnt have any noticeable sound from the exhaust note...but it sure does wins races...plenty of it too :driver: :biggrin:

I haven't seen the new NSX (on tv or reviews) and ya.. LaFerrari. Forgot about that one!

u should watch JGTC...lots of em running in the series

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
audi R10~R18 TDI in fact doesnt have any noticeable sound from the exhaust note...but it sure does wins races...plenty of it too :driver: :biggrin:
Efficiency and power, yes, turbodiesel can be good. But sometimes, we do like a good exhaust note from our cars isn't it? It's like part of the tradition already.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

u should watch JGTC...lots of em running in the series

What NSX? I only see 2 girls in short skirts and knee high boots. mmmm. I'd drive them. :driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
As long as we have the rubbish diesel quality fuel in M'sia, whatever diesel I will never consider. Bring in the damn Euro5 standard diesel already!

Damn cronies!

Speaking of environmentally friendly sports cars - McLaren P1 / Porsche 918 Spyder anyone/

918 thanks. LaFerarri is pretty damn awesome as well.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Yummy diesel. Yeah ppl buy V8 for its looks. People buy V10 for Gallardo's performance. Although its a detuned version.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Efficiency and power, yes, turbodiesel can be good. But sometimes, we do like a good exhaust note from our cars isn't it? It's like part of the tradition already.
You know - you gotta get out of the old way of thinking and get in with the program man. I'm currently driving a 2.0L with a slick smooth CVT, I used to condemn CVTs. But now that I have one my opinion is completely different. As for exhaust note, nah. You gotta learn to appreciate the engine noise, not so much the exhaust noise. Especially when you can hear the intake roar on high revs..fuh. That one is bloody awesome.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You know - you gotta get out of the old way of thinking and get in with the program man. I'm currently driving a 2.0L with a slick smooth CVT, I used to condemn CVTs. But now that I have one my opinion is completely different. As for exhaust note, nah. You gotta learn to appreciate the engine noise, not so much the exhaust noise. Especially when you can hear the intake roar on high revs..fuh. That one is bloody awesome.
Get out of the old way of thinking? Then? Think like you? Uncle? Who wants smoothness, luxury feel with a magic carpet ride? cabutz.

Engine noise from a 4 banger? You kidding right boss.

Yes, I said it. CVT is for old unker who doesn't enjoy driving. :thefinger:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Get out of the old way of thinking? Then? Think like you? Uncle? Who wants smoothness, luxury feel with a magic carpet ride? cabutz.

Hehehe.. give and take lor. You go thrash the latest 2014 City then tell me that CVT is bad. Forget the Inspira / Lancer CVT. Go try the 2014 City and you might change your mind.

My car isn't exactly magic carpet. On straights it still bounces a lot and in corners it sits kinda flat through the corners.

Personally I find the smoothness a little disconcerting but I came from driving a manual to this so the difference is quite apparent. But flip the boat into sports mode and the gears get really aggressive and that I like!

But gotta agree with the engine noise - nothing beats a V engine noise. But since I can't afford one I find intake roar quite amusing too mah.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i still hates cvt...pretty much long before it was used on cars....

bcoz i have scooter......

but i liked some part of the cvt due the nature of cvt grips the rev range....tune to get it spot-on....traffic light race is exciting....yes i leaved so many other bike behind....but in term of pure raw full blast acceleration its a rubbish....bcoz no g-force :biggrin: (*and yes im comparing it with proper sequential race gearbox :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably is because I still haven't have enough experience with those older type of cars that I've always heard so much about over here. Which is why I am still thinking the old way.

Intake noise? I know what you mean. Can hear that on Wira also if I wind down the windows. Intake noise should be even better on those engines with ITB like 4A-GE 20V....

Yong people still have the typical youngster mentality. :biggrin:

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
So many feedback, but still cant answer my curious.
Really hope some Sifu could help to clear my question.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So many feedback, but still cant answer my curious.
Really hope some Sifu could help to clear my question.
drive both and answer the question yourself?
we wouldn't know if YOU prefer a redhead or a blonde.

i personally prefer blondes because they believe I'm a pirate.