Get well soon Richard Hammond !

This is serious guys. Not just for Hamster but for the future of Top Gear as we know it. The health and safety people and others who are critical of the program will use this as an opportunity to stop the show from doing what it does best.

stop the show as just because of an accident ? but isnt such things inherent for the stunts being done ?

there's no pics to show how bad his damage is like.......
wonder how he looks after that bad accident....

si|verfish, I doubt that there would be any restrictions that would hamper all the tough acts in the shows.
All the shows conduct werer being properly prepared and precautions are being made in details.
But accidents do happens; thus it's being recognise as a "Stunt".

Now the problem lies with Hammond; whether or not he still dares to do a stunt act in the shows after this mishap. Alot of ppl would get the phobia after a bad accident.
Like wise for alot of high flying racers; a bad crash would probably hamper their whole career not because of health issue but physcological issues.

hammondcrash.jpg

Btw..he making excellent progress..and hamster will be back sooon...

"Richard is winning his fight. And now mine begins. To make sure that he has a show to come back to."
-Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited:
b00n said:
si|verfish, I doubt that there would be any restrictions that would hamper all the tough acts in the shows.
All the shows conduct werer being properly prepared and precautions are being made in details.
But accidents do happens; thus it's being recognise as a "Stunt".
That's because you don't know what goes on over there. Top Gear the program and its presenters (especially Clarkson) are under constant complaints from various pressure groups that disagree with what they do, including MPs and certain political parties etc. Always has been. Now, this will be a great oppurtunity and excuse for them to use against the show.

This quote that ehaab provided is telling;
"Richard is winning his fight. And now mine begins. To make sure that he has a show to come back to."
-Jeremy Clarkson

true true..there's always bad press on Clarkson's and his programs. Hell; that's probably why he's famous in the first place.
Generally if they shut down Top Gear's way of "entertainment"; I guessed our dear Mr. Clarkson would go all out and make sure that other productions "stunt" actions are not to be aired too.

Anyway, I thought all this while the complains are merely towards how prejudice and sacarstic he was towards commenting on different makes and never on the stunts that the program does (ok, minus the destroying of "useless" cars)

Maybe I'm wrong. But hopefully the program doesn't get cut! All the best to the crew.

b00n said:
Anyway, I thought all this while the complains are merely towards how prejudice and sacarstic he was towards commenting on different makes and never on the stunts that the program does (ok, minus the destroying of "useless" cars)
That's the least of their worries. Those are like petty complaints (like from caravan owners). The biggest criticisms comes from environmentalists and those who are overtly health and safety concious.

it UK you know, land of old chums drinking tea all day long & spends all day whining & gossiping about butterflies not helping in creating the beautiful "gardens" in britain

the activist are just to jealous of hiw "famous"-ness......hahahaha
Most of the time, all those weird antics shows would drew a crowd; and sorry to say....environmentalist and activist are in there to protest what they themself thought it's not right.....

*sigh*
have they ever ask the other viewers?!

The fate of Top Gear, the BBC motoring show, depends on whether presenter Richard Hammond can recover from last week’s high-speed car crash, its executive producer said yesterday.

Andy Wilman, the man credited with turning Top Gear into BBC2’s most popular programme, said he could not imagine the series returning without Hammond. Wilman also threatened to quit if the corporation attempts to “tone down” the programme’s irreverent attitude and relish for speed. Presenter Jeremy Clarkson said he, too, would defy critics who “don’t like Top Gear and would love to see it off the screens”.

The road safety minister has defended the high-octane stunts performed on the BBC’s Top Gear programme and described the presenter Richard Hammond as an “adventurer” after he was seriously injured in a 300mph crash.

Long live Topgear..probably the best TV show ever...

Top Bottom