Garrett AR50 Performances??

mobb

Known Member
Hello everybody..im planning to change my standard TD05 to Garrett AR50 56mm turbine wheel, i got it oredy from a friends. recently i test it before the turbine been taken out and from what i feel..the turbine come after 4500rpm. its quite late i think..but its not been set with safc or anything yet.

So just wanna ask all the zth sifus opinion..izzit worth it for me to take the turbine..and what's the AR50 capable to do? i mean the performance. N just for the info..im using e2 engine, standard piston, walbro pump, n metal gasket. not looking for heavy mod..just want a 'good fast lighter' on the road car. help me here..thanks in advance. cheers! :itsme:

if u need only street performance and not to kick a$$...grab a 20G..spools faster and wud easily do u 300-350 on wheel if properly tuned.

Hello everybody..im planning to change my standard TD05 to Garrett AR50 56mm turbine wheel, i got it oredy from a friends. recently i test it before the turbine been taken out and from what i feel..the turbine come after 4500rpm. its quite late i think..but its not been set with safc or anything yet.

So just wanna ask all the zth sifus opinion..izzit worth it for me to take the turbine..and what's the AR50 capable to do? i mean the performance. N just for the info..im using e2 engine, standard piston, walbro pump, n metal gasket. not looking for heavy mod..just want a 'good fast lighter' on the road car. help me here..thanks in advance. cheers! :itsme:

there could be many reasons y ur frens 57trim failed to perform at lower range RPM , 57trim are one of the most common turbo's used on vtec turbo's and 4g63 turbos in the states. One reason y they buy it is because its pretty cheap. Reasons y it failed to spool fast would be , banana design was not a real tuned and calculated one , next would be turbine housing selection was too big , third would be tuning for the car was not done properly. u may read DSM forums for ur anwser , although 57trim which is a 56mm inducer compressor which is bigger than the 50trim 54mm compressor , the 50trim outperforms the 57trim with the 4g63 engine, the price of 50trim is also more expensive than the 57trim in the US market at some places.

according to DSM'ers , they hit fullboost at around 4200-4500 with a .63 ar turbine housing and get a much much faster fullboost 3800-4000 with a .48 turbine housing. HP that you can target with ur 57trim is 400hp on crank. maxflo of the 57trim compressor is 49lb/min , bt whether your engine reaches there or nt its in the ef range depends on ur engine setup.

one of the most favourite turbos in the states that really kick ass would be the FP Green DSM model , its a td06 compressor housing , 50trim garrett compressor fin , mitsubishi CHRA , td06h turbine fin n shaft , evo ported turbine housing , this setup is proven on the track and as well as the drag line. and the best part , it fits to ur standard manifold without any problems

Thank for all reply..
so any suggestions to make this ar50 to kick earlier..maybe 3800 to 4000 rpm..
and what is the best way to tune this turbine once been installed in my car..
i mean to reach the full performance from this ar50..

one of the other reason the turbo isn't performing is that it may NOT BE A GENUINE Garrett...many imitations around and these rogue traders claim that a word of "a/r .050" is a Garrett....unfortunately..customers are often cheated into believing so....

one of the other reason the turbo isn't performing is that it may NOT BE A GENUINE Garrett...many imitations around and these rogue traders claim that a word of "a/r .050" is a Garrett....unfortunately..customers are often cheated into believing so....

agreed :D , lol , USD50 for a turbo hehehehe

hehe..but i need some advise to gain the turbo power to the highest.
common guys..help pls..

hehe..but i need some advise to gain the turbo power to the highest.
common guys..help pls..

3 basic things to get a 57trim to spool sooner

1. Tune , ignition tuning is important to make tht bitch spool up , safc is not enuff to tune up this turbo , either rechip ur ecu with custom tuning or get a standalone, emanage is minimum
2. manifold , i suggest u to throw away whtever u r currently using , i know ppl spend alot in making banana manifold , bt in malaysia , most of it sux , safe some cash n get a DSM cast iron manifold t3 style from forced performance USA , or the other way is to hybrid a stock evo turbine housing to ur current 57trim turbo
3. if u havent tune up , of cos u wont be spooling this up properly , afraid u gonna blow ur engine soon , stop boosting

just was thinking
easiest way is to change to a smaller turbine housing
0.48 t3 for faster spooling , i assume ur currently using .63

emm..easiest way is to change to a smaller turbine housing?
i think thats easier..i just hybrid to a stock evo turbine housing..
Thanks guys for all ur help..
but if u guys still have some..just drop ur advise here..hehe :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom