Ford Telstra 1990, Engine replacement

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bennychen

Known Member
May 10, 2007
Hi guys, after sending my Ford Telstra engine is 4 cylinder 12 valve one..the foreman say have to change engine..

So i wonder..if i change to V6 6 cylinder engine, will JPJ approve?

And which engine can fit this car and easier to find? and of course easy JPJ approval too..

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
i assume your current cc is 2000cc. i think you can get jpj approval for 2000cc V6 engine since your previous cc still maintain.

just ask ur foreman whether original mounting not interrupted if going for v6 engine.

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
You are driving a the model which shares the same code as the Mazda 626 GD. V6 will be a hassle considering the amount of work going into the mounting fabrication.

For your model, look for the Mazda FE3 engine. Its a Twin Cam F series unit that puts out between 140 to 150ps depending on the model and compression setting.

Do a bit of research in this forum....I have posted details on this engine during early stages.

Cheers.

bennychen

Known Member
May 10, 2007
thanks for replying guys.

sudha..can give me your msn or ym?

can teach me more about this? because i don't know where to get an engine and whats the pricing..i'm located in Puchong too..tQ

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok firstly salute to all dragger sifu here!!!!!
i know this topic has been talking longtime agoo..but for me there's still no solution what is the best gearbox to fix for 4G63T(VR4) to drag 350-400m.
Let me remind guys what people said before:
- n/a gearbox quit respond but cannot tahan pecah...(perdana,mivec lsd,4g67 ,wira diesel)but still some people using it...
-evo 3 lsd gearbox?
-evo 3 rs gearbox?mana mau cari!!
-Vr4 AMG gearbox?mana mau cari!!
The very last news people said...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience