ford laser - kh model

zbszbs717

i planned to get this car.... compared to mazda, this car are much cheaper... suddenly some of friend telling me that this car not worth buying... one of the reason is bad handling....is it true....

That's what I've been told...
But I got mine last month and I've been having fun with it eversince...
Yes it's true that it's very rear twitchy, but then again there's nothing a good set of suspension and alignment setup can't fix... Tyres too yah...

Anyways it's up to you... If youre like me, I wanted the car 4 years back and I worked hard for it and finally I got mine...

True that many of my friends have driven the TX3 and many told me about the fishtail problem, but all it takes is a little time and effort to set up the car and learn how to drive it properly...

End of the day if youre afraid of it then don't get it...
Better be safe than sorry right...

CHEERS

Actually you can go to the web site and read through the rear suspension set up. I'm driving a Mazda Interply Neo (same chasis and suspension with your model ) and i found out that i like the setting. In the market not much FF can driff so easily and with proper control you are like dirving FR. This is due to the setting where the rear wheel can turn (base on the force ) to adjust the road situation. Just like manual 4WS. You will felt that the rear end is fishtailing but actually the rear tyre is turning according to the force. This suspension setup called Twin Trap..... Sorry Forgot :blink:

tq bro for clearing it up......now i can happilysearching for one.....

lix,

Are you sure about the rear end of the suspension system being like that ???

"This is due to the setting where the rear wheel can turn (base on the force ) to adjust the road situation. Just like manual 4WS. You will felt that the rear end is fishtailing but actually the rear tyre is turning according to the force."

Cause from what I know almost all the local model Mazda and Fords run the same rear end Twin Trapezoid...

Having owned a 1993 Ford Telstar Ghia 2.0, 2001 Ford Lynx 1.8 Turbo and a 1990 Ford TX3 1.8... I noticed that only the TX3 has this problem...

The Telstar and the LYNX didn't have this problem and theyre both running the Twin Trapezoid system...

BTW the KF and KH series is actually the Sampan model...

http://www.fordlaser.com/section.php?area=usercars

The one youre referring to is the 1995 TX3, the one with the funny round lights which is the NEO variant... Now those are the ones with the extreme fish tail problem...

zbszbs717,

Why don't you join us for our FORD TT session, the owners there drive anything from the 1990 Sedan Ford Laser to the latest FORD RS...
Mebbe you can pick up a thing or two about the characteristics of the FORD's/MAZDA's...

CHEERS GUYS

Hello :) My name is Syed :) i'm really interested in what you people are talking about :) Espescially the drifting part :) Anyways.... i agree with the both about the car fish tailing :) It's quite fun actually.... Just be sure that you know how to handle it :) Anyways.... i've got a question.... where do you people usually get your parts? Things like brake callipers, air filter, BOV stands and so on... Anyways... any help from you people will be great :) Thanx :)

khorne,
tq for the invitation.... my fren also a mazda freak... he invite me for TT as well....no syiok lar joining you guys without a proper chariot.... maybe i will be at your TT soon.....

so difficult to get a ford laser kh with good price nowadays....

zbszbs717,
There's no harm in researching and looking at your peep's rides before you get yours...
Good luck in finding your dream car then...
Till then look hard and look far...

CHEERS

zbszbs717,

dont worry we yamcha even with mazda owner.. everyone are wellcome..

Bengis,
depends what kind of parts u r looking for..

hello guys :) wussup Laserman :) thanx for the reply...
i did'nt mrean to intrude like this :P anyways..... i'm looking for a fuel injection tank for my KF sedan and also for a 1.8 manual gearbox on a FF transmision.
by the way... are you guys going for yamcha tonite at SS15 rafies?? just wondering....

anyways... thanx for asking laserman :)

Fish tailing?

I just owned one ford tx3 1990 since April.

The only time i experience fish tailing is when my back tyre hits a hole.

Besides that.......it's an excellent car to drive.

zbszbs717,

why slip thru....just dropby no problem ...

bengis,

do give me a ring if u there, or just sms me..0193559953

zbszbs717,

u r who i think who i think u are?

if so then welcome! lots of ford kaki as
well here!

brave introduction considering
ur observation for quite some times!

haha

tq

hello people :) how's everybody doing? okay i hope....
hey laserman.... really sorry about last friday nite....
i was'nt well.... but feelin better now :) hehehehe....

so, when is the next yam cha session??

iman_210,

hello bro....i know u...and u know me one....yup its me...sori for kutuking u several times in this forum.... try to widening scope for searching a ford kh.....hard to find bro.... u urself know it....takan kau tak kenal nick aku.....

to all forumer,
if got any news for the car inform me....my ride will dissappear within three days from now....sold

Top Bottom