Flat Black Paint

xamel1975

Dec 6, 2004
I've seen a few cars with this type of paint. I'm also interested with this color, gives kinda "bad boy" look. How much for whole body (Satria) inside out n what's the paint code? Does anybody here knows?

simefly

Apr 12, 2005
It should be cheaper than any 2K paint as you need not spray the additional laquer. I personally have not done it before but you can ask around to quote you... That is the best i guess :)

lan evo

Nov 24, 2003
kinda dun like it,car looks very poor condition with that paint.but kinda like the flat silver,saw it somewhere in the web on a subaru impreza

beatnik

bad boy look? seriously your car will look like junk with unfinished paint IMO. matte finish looks like undercoat. not nice at all..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Jinjang
LOL!!

Americans call it Ratrod Primer look.

Drifter cars in Japan are matte black because after accident, the have no money to spray their car. So after puttin new body parts, they just leave the part unpainted because they dont know when that part will be bang again :lol:

malice

Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
Joeker said:
LOL!!

Americans call it Ratrod Primer look.

Drifter cars in Japan are matte black because after accident, the have no money to spray their car. So after puttin new body parts, they just leave the part unpainted because they dont know when that part will be bang again :lol:
ic...no money!! but here some dude did it purposely

zan

Feb 20, 2005
flat black paint advantage is easy to DIY spray. shine is nice after newly done but it fades very fast.

i am thinking..is it possible that this kind of paint undetectable by speed trap radar? if it does, then by end of the week, i am gonna change my car colour.

hahahhahahahahhaha

p/s oh yeah, flat black can be used on very hot metal surface like exhaust pipe.nice!

zan

Feb 20, 2005
read the complete sentence. he he...

when dont read properly, how to understand?? :P

simefly

Apr 12, 2005
Well, different people got different perspective... matte paint are kinda easier to maintain comparatively to lacquered. Touch up can use normal RM5 spray cans hahaha

But i must say it will look fierce only if you spray it on a modded car and not stockies.

alexz

Nov 22, 2004
hey flat black is the new "in". just look at most of the latest superbikes (MV Brutale, Ducati monster dark, Yamaha R1 and R6).

it looks fierce and cheap to apply too!!

dear sifuses,

my problem is, the starter wont stop working even when the engine already starts, even more surprisingly it's still working when I turned off the key. thought it was the relay problem, changed wit my horn relay still problem persist, spent a bit more & use a new 1 just making sure & stil same problem, it even burnt my jumper coz starter wont stop, luckily nothing severe happened, if the other car engine wasn't running bet it'll drain the batt 2. any thoughts @ this...