First Night F1 to be held in Singapore Grand Prix 2008

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The F1 Singapore Grand Prix is slated to debut on 28 September 2008 on a street circuit of public roads around the Marina Bay area. Already billed by many as one of the most dramatic and atmospheric races on the calendar, the proposed 5.05km long street circuit offers multiple overtaking opportunities as well as fast and challenging turns.

The F1 Singapore Grand Prix will be first street race in Asia and is one of three races in the 2008 F1 calendar to run anticlockwise. Subject to final safety clearances, the race will be the first held at night in F1 history.

The F1 Singapore Grand Prix is slated to debut on 28 September 2008 on a street circuit of public roads around the Marina Bay area. Already billed by many as one of the most dramatic and atmospheric races on the calendar, the proposed 5.05km long street circuit offers multiple overtaking opportunities as well as fast and challenging turns.

The F1 Singapore Grand Prix will be first street race in Asia and is one of three races in the 2008 F1 calendar to run anticlockwise. Subject to final safety clearances, the race will be the first held at night in F1 history.
Set against the backdrop of downtown Singapore, drivers and spectators alike will get a glimpse of the exotic garden city as the circuit winds past an intriguing blend of historic landmarks such as the City Hall and modern-day buildings such as the iconic Esplanade.

All eyes will be on the technically challenging circuit that will test drivers and their cars as they are likely to reach a maximum speed in excess of 300 km per hour.

A new 1.2km road that forms eastern section of the circuit will also be constructed alongside the pit building. Work on the pit building is scheduled to be completed by end May 2008.

With strategically located grandstands and hospitality suites, spectators will be assured of a great view of the action and an unforgettable F1 experience.

Corporate hospitality suites and packages are on sale from end November 2007, with sale of three-day passes to the public due to start in December 2007. Single-day passes will be released for sale in the new year, subject to available inventory.

*Circuit details and night race is subject to confirmation by Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)

Source: Singapore Grand Prix
Image: Worldcarfans.com

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Airbus A380 : Singapore Airlines flew it the first in the world.
F1 at night : Singapore GP do the first in the world.

whats next..

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Airbus A380 : Singapore Airlines flew it the first in the world.
F1 at night : Singapore GP do the first in the world.

whats next..
all the "First"s from Singapore are beneficial for the country... as for our first 'Angkasawan', not much need to be explained...
congrats to Singapore... and hope it won't spoil much of Malaysian GP...

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think it will have some impact to the Malaysian F1 GP. Not sure though, but once the SG people do it....they'll try to do it perfectly at 1st shot....congrats to them...

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
haih..i'm not suprise that Singapore shines again!...
unlike malaysia..what do we have man? other than Sepang and the 2 stupid dildoes....ugh!

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
if so unhappy about malaysia, why still stay? you can move out if u want..:burnout:
if i can i would.. :p easier to said than done..i mean, what is to be proud of?
our Racism in malaysia? Or our Tv shows tht get the idea from other country?
oops...its not the right place to talk bout it..i might be considered spamming...
hehe

Oh, i'm guessing there will be spotlights all over the circuit?
cheers

Last edited:

kenneth7x

Aug 12, 2004
well said roy fatboy... so wat if they;re the first to hold the F1 at night??! wat different does it make!?!? more DANGEROUS?!?!hahhaa... so lets jsut say if 1 of the car crash? where is it gonna go? explanade? singapore eye?? takashimaya?!?! big deal!! im sure u dun wan to live there man.. u can't smoke at all places.. u can't chew gum.. u can do nuts.. so wat u have a evo 9 that has 900 hp and u cant seed!! i see no point! with the size of the country.. how far can u expend...

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
well said roy fatboy... so wat if they;re the first to hold the F1 at night??! wat different does it make!?!? more DANGEROUS?!?!hahhaa... so lets jsut say if 1 of the car crash? where is it gonna go? explanade? singapore eye?? takashimaya?!?! big deal!! im sure u dun wan to live there man.. u can't smoke at all places.. u can't chew gum.. u can do nuts.. so wat u have a evo 9 that has 900 hp and u cant seed!! i see no point! with the size of the country.. how far can u expend...
chill bro chill.. thanks for the support anyway...

hey, still im curious.. is it F1 wit headlights? or track full of lights?..
and the track runs in the town?.. like Monte Carlo?..

cant imagine speeding 280km/h ++ with no lights man..

Last edited:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Newsflash : Yep...confirmed.. all F1 car in Spore GP will use headlight.. and according to FIA spokesman, even the headlight is there, driver are not allowed to use "high-beam" if they want to overtake car in front.
Plus, to be more ergonomic, conducive and safe, cars will also be equipped with signal lamp..the lip-lap-lip-lap light one.. important for them when they want to change lane."It is safety comes first.."says F1 spokesman.

p/s : just kiddin..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While the weekend was all about Formula One and the inaugural drama-extravaganza Korean GP, we shouldn’t forget that Super GT was also having Round 8 of its race calendar at the Motegi Twin Ring Circuit for the Motegi GT 250km race.

Qualifying took place under fair skies that were perfect for racing, much better conditions than the Formula One...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience