exhaust too hot!!

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sifu, just to ask as i am driving a honde integra DA7 1.6..my problem is after driving for half an hour,under the car will get very hot till i can feel inside(such as touching the gear knob,everything on the floor in the middle) try replacing the exhaust still the same..currently 2 inch all the way..when stop get down to touch the exhaust tip, can cook eggs on top liow...my questions is that normal for exhaust to get very hot?or is it other thing?thanks!

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
normally will got a layer of metal(come originally) above ur exhaust piping mounted to car's body to insulate heat from transferring directly into ur car... check it is there or not..... u might wanna check ur a/f ratio too coz too lean result in high exhaust temp too

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
piping 2 inch,change the cataylic converter,bullet,exhaust box somemore wrap with thermal cloth and metal plate as well...
but the problem still the same...anyone experience this before?
how to check a/f ratio as mine can't be tune or dyno...
engine D16a(1.6cc)auto..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dats not normal sir, please check the engine temp. if dats normal, den check ur plugs, make sure u rnt leaning out. any pinging sound occuring, especially in the noon? have u strip out any layer of heat insulation material lately (doesnt seem like it since even ur gear knob is hot)? have u make sure dat the gear shifter linkages arent touching the zorst (they run side by side fyi)? what did u do prior to dis sir? dis last info wud be the biggest help if u can provide it, tq sir

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I'm planning to do 1.3 piston conversion to my 1.6 campro.

The workshop guy said he needs to open the block to check and see if there is any freeplay of the pistons, if so, the block needs to be rebored either 0.5 to 1mm.

Is it safe to rebore block? Or is it even safe to bump the compression of my campro? thanks guys :adore:

Can increase compression without management ma?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience