exhaust temp?

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
just want to ask all sifu,

the reason you install exhaust temp is too see the exhaust temp right? but what if
the exhaust temp goes up like hot from the manifold to muffler..not just hot but freaking hot until the cabin inside can feel...

what can be the problem?

A/F ratio? have not check yet
tuning? looks good at 900 rpm
o2 sensor malfunction? don't know
or wrong pipe? 1.6 single cam non vtec head 2 inch after bullet 1.6 inch & muffler sflow

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Typical exhaust temperature can reach up to 700deg C. under full load or 400-500deg C during cruising. Ignition timing plays a major role in exhaust temperature. Timing too retarded will cause exhaust temperature to rise.
Exhaust Pipes which is restricted also causes temperature to rise above normal.
Lean air fuel ratio.

If you can feel the heat inside the cabin means the vehicle firewall insulation is bad already.

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my timing now good liow after tuning..but tell you the cabin when driving (look macho but freaking hot inside!!!!)
Dynamat too expensive lah...plan to do DIY on my own buying the sound proof from acc shop and fix it myself...saw at brothers they are selling at RM 68 a roll...just the sticker not the bitumin..

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i heard the Dynamat cost around 1k plus if fix at car bottom,and door side lain harga so if i want to fix the whole car will kena around 1.5 to 2 k correct? better mod engine like this..

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha, true also, better DIY rather than spend so much on dynamat.....i would do it myself too.
watch too much overhauling kot...haha....
bad thing is you like a dunggu sweating and all oily...somemore spend like 2,sometimes 3 or more hours to do... but at the end....:adore:...
might do the heat proof by this week if got chance...but the 2 meter i just bought for sure i wan to fix by this week...:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Y i always experience oil leakage so often? Izit the mechanic diden tighten the screws properly or car old alr so got places bocor alr?

very fed up wif tis problem alr.... always hav to go back to workshop to settle tis problem so often... :(

experts... actually wat's goin on n how to stop tis from continuing??? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience