Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Engine Turned off after boosts with air cond on?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Acey

can i know the reason of why my car always turned off or mati engine after boost with air cond on?? Current engine is 4G63T EVO I, with minor modifications. HKS open pod air filter, fuel regulator, and SARD R2D2 BOV. The BOV was tightened enough.

Pls give ur suggestions and comments on how to cope with this problem. THANKS!!

mine had probs like dat with blitz ss
try change back to stock BOV
if it comes fine then its ur bov
then 1. check ur o2 sensor maybe kong
2. ur MAF dirty
3. r2d2 tighten
3. mod ur r2d2 , plumb it back to intake please

Last edited:
thanks, jinkl!! hav anybodyelse that kept the BOV and doesn't hav such problem?? becos what i think is there is more preferably to put a BOV instead of blow in. if there is the O2 sensor's problem, how to deal with? change it?? availability??

THankS!!

blow off valve
when u vent to atmo
tht cerstain air is already calculated by the MAF
then u let it out , the engine stalls cos the air gone missing bro
y not try fixing it with ficd

i see, but what is ficd?? i don understand at all...

but in common, u r right cos MAF will calculate the exactly according to the air and fuel reading.

any solution can i make??

thanks!

im using Greedy type-s in evo3 n used to wacked it kaw kaw...but normally with air-con off la....no problem ar....

now d easiest thing is to check ur BOV....simple way

huakeny : yeah im using greedy type-r , its fine
but specially buying 2nd hand blitz :D all rosak one ler

jinkl said:
huakeny : yeah im using greedy type-r , its fine
but specially buying 2nd hand blitz :D all rosak one ler

me type-s only la ...low boost ma...u need type-r la...u high boost ma....me slow slow drive only wat....

tat day i heard one satria evo3 using hks ssqv...sound nice o....

Blitz supersound design is nice, cant tahan ar? i use d greedy for few years oledi...so far so good

wooosh... another type-S user... TYPE-S RULES!!! Muahahaha.... =Þ

But the type-S doesn't sound as nice on the EVO as it is on a GSR.... =( SSQV however sounds better on an EVO than it does on a GSR! =)

alvin24 said:
wooosh... another type-S user... TYPE-S RULES!!! Muahahaha.... =Þ

But the type-S doesn't sound as nice on the EVO as it is on a GSR.... =( SSQV however sounds better on an EVO than it does on a GSR! =)

how come type-s not nice in evo??? then wat bov is nice a?

dunno... depends on personal preference I suppose... u not happy with your type-S meh? hahaha...

Have you heard the type-S in a GSR before? Its way sharper at full boost, and sounds more 'metallic'... on an EVO it doesn't sound so sharp.

Greddy Type-S

I've been using it since 2001. Dun know how to describe only when I can compare it with another car with type-s.

I'm B8 Turbo car.

so, WHAT IS FICD?

my car if off air cond, everything is ok. once u switch on the air cond, then u boost all da way, then when u shift ur gear into neutral, the RPM will drop...sometimes engine turn off...but sometimes it is ok and the RPM goes up again...so, here the problem is only with air cond on.

thanks!

Acey said:
so, WHAT IS FICD?

my car if off air cond, everything is ok. once u switch on the air cond, then u boost all da way, then when u shift ur gear into neutral, the RPM will drop...sometimes engine turn off...but sometimes it is ok and the RPM goes up again...so, here the problem is only with air cond on.

thanks!

i guess there is a vacuum sensor for air con....i dunno wat the thing call....but tat is for Air Con one

las time my eg9 oso like tat...On aircon engine will die...but if off then is perfect....

last then mech found out the sensor or wat 'kong' oledi.... tat stuff connect vacuum hose one....i gues is sensor

huakenny said:
i guess there is a vacuum sensor for air con....i dunno wat the thing call....but tat is for Air Con one

las time my eg9 oso like tat...On aircon engine will die...but if off then is perfect....

last then mech found out the sensor or wat 'kong' oledi.... tat stuff connect vacuum hose one....i gues is sensor

Idle valve or something huh? That black thing on your throttle body.

huakenny said:
nop......las time my mech cabut d hose at there...engine directly mati

does it look like a stock solenoid connected through vaccum hose to the throttle body ??

bro,

Check a few things, and I used to have this fucked up engine stalling problem for my car:

- Throttle Possition Sensor ( the mech can adjust this)
- Indling Control System unit (check the unit kong or not)
- Clean the the throttle body
- Use a recirculation kit for your after market bov
- Use an Electronic Idling Stabilizer

For my case, after I installed the SSQV in my 4g63t, engine kept on stalling after you step on the clutch and release the fuel. Try cleaning the TB, adjust the TPS, useless until I get myself a HKS EIDS Type K, and it works, so now I can turn on my aircond when driving in high speed.

Hope this help. Again, different car have their own behaviour, so it may not work on all the cars. Good luck.

cypress8 said:
bro,

Check a few things, and I used to have this fucked up engine stalling problem for my car:

- Throttle Possition Sensor ( the mech can adjust this)
- Indling Control System unit (check the unit kong or not)
- Clean the the throttle body
- Use a recirculation kit for your after market bov
- Use an Electronic Idling Stabilizer

For my case, after I installed the SSQV in my 4g63t, engine kept on stalling after you step on the clutch and release the fuel. Try cleaning the TB, adjust the TPS, useless until I get myself a HKS EIDS Type K, and it works, so now I can turn on my aircond when driving in high speed.

Hope this help. Again, different car have their own behaviour, so it may not work on all the cars. Good luck.

bro....how does a EIDS look like n how it functions? thx....

Top Bottom