Documenting Senna in reel life w/ video

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dinesh

500 RPM
senna-600x393.jpg

His departure from this world was undeniably premature but the legacy and impression he left behind will echo through the annals of motorsports for decades to come. The hole that was left by the death of Aryton Senna, who died at 34, will probably never be filled but perhaps the documentary about his life will shed some light on the life of one of the best drivers to get behind the wheel of a car.

The documentary was recently shown to the crowds at the Sundance Film Festival and the early reviews are promising. In fact, Ron Dennis, the current chairman of McLaren and the former head honcho of the successful McLaren Formula One team, was given a special early preview by the documentary’s producer, Manish Pandey.

Known for his tough-as-steel disposition, showing little if no emotions at times, Dennis was brought to tears by the end of the documentary and spent a couple of hours after that reliving the times that Senna was around.

Here’s to praying that we get to watch this epic documentation of the life of the world’s greatest driver. Beg, borrow, steal or even make a deal with the devil but just make sure that you watch the documentary one way or another.

Have a tissue on standby before you hit play on the trailer below.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JOzq927y15o" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: Autoblog and YouTube

Attachments

• senna.jpg
    senna.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 153
Finally, a proper documentary on a legend.

If he hadn't passed on, Schumacher would not have risen as high as he did in recent F1 history.

If he hadn't passed on, Schumacher would not have risen as high as he did in recent F1 history.

I'm more of a Prost fan but Senna's charisma and ingenuity is really awesome.

Nice avatar senór Loki.. :biggrin:

one of the best post in zth... thanks guys.
yes, agree, a heart piercing trailer.

a true racing formula one fan will feel it.

Country Date
Japan 7 October 2010 (Suzuka, Mie) (premiere)
Japan 8 October 2010
Brazil 12 November 2010
Germany 12 May 2011
UK 3 June 2011

A few months back, I've seen a slightly different version of this trailer on youtube. Cannot wait to see the movie since I heard about it. Should be awesome, an absolute must for racing fans, not just F1 or Senna fans.

I've had his documentary " Racing is in my blood" which is pretty good, but I guess that is more straight forward while this movie should be a lot more dramatic.

Absolutely agree! I was following his races & stories since his glory days in McLaren and also watched a quite few of his earlier races and he was just awesome. Despite being much inferior in terms of records/statistics behind MS (obviously due to his early death), most still considers AS as the no.1 in history. This is shown by 2 polls done a few years back by some popular racing magazines (can't remember exactly), where one was conducted to the fans and people who are not in the F1 business like journalists, and the other one was done to those who were really involved in F1 (like other drivers, team owners, managers, F1 engineers, etc2. Like that Tina Turner song: Simply the best!

---------- Post added 01-30-2011 at 12:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 01-29-2011 at 11:41 PM ----------

if senna was still around, then mika hakkinen would have a three way battle with him and schumacher

Hehehe, I remembered the story when MH said AS was rather pissed that he was outqualified by MH when the 1st time MH came in to replace Andretti in 93. However even MH & MS still regard AS as the best. As for the 3 way battle, it might not have happened even if AS did not die since MH & McLaren came back on top form only after 4 years later where AS would've been 38-39 yrs old and it's rather doubtful if he would had raced until that age, especially as he won't have Prost to beat anymore. (I saw an interview on youtube with Prost where he said AS asked him in 1994 to come back cuz he was the primary motivation for AS to race against!). What I'm pretty sure if AS had not died is that MS would not have as many wins & championships, & then DH (maybe even JV) would not be F1 champs!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom