• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Welcome to Digital Age...

Smile, you could be on camera but for the wrong reasons.
Digital cameras will be installed along highways and accident-prone areas by this year to nab speeding drivers.

The cameras for the "automated enforcement system" will operate round the clock. It will snap pictures of drivers breaking road rules or of those bribing policemen to escape summonses.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat said it was one way to curb corruption and reduce dependency on manpower.

"It is not meant to burden motorists."
Ong added that it would enhance integrity among enforcement officers and ensure motorists follow road rules at accident-prone areas.

When the system is set up, the probability of being caught by the police will go up to 90 per cent. At present, the probability of being caught is 20 to 25 per cent and increases to up to 55 per cent during festive season.

Due to the lack of enforcement, among other reasons, Malaysia loses about 6,000 lives in accidents.

The Road Safety Department and Road Transport Department (RTD), both under Transport Ministry, have been planning to install the cameras for the past three years.

However, the project was delayed as the ministry was trying to work out operational details with the concessionaire providing the camera and other equipment. .

Ong said the ministry was now in its final stages in identifying areas to install the cameras, which would be carried out in stages.

The cameras will be able to zoom onto the vehicle's registration plate.

"It is quite different from CCTVs. It will automatically snap speeding vehicles and the pictures could be used in court."

The cameras can monitor the movement of every car and record information such as the speed, whether they were on the emergency lane or overtaking along the double lines.

The information will be relayed to the control centre for the police or the RTD to issue summonses.

"Our interest is not to issue summons," said Ong.

"Motorists will be alerted when they are in the surveillance zone. This is to encourage them to be more cautious and courteous."

To reduce accidents, the ministry has also made it mandatory for backseat passengers to buckle up. It is also targeting motorcyclists to firmly strap on helmets to avoid head injury during an accident.

Most of the measures have been implemented in developed countries.

News from NST

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah , they better install the camera at a secure place before those idiots goes and steal it

So does this apply on mountain road aka touge ??

Bump: So does this apply on mountain road aka touge ??

depends... if the road are clear like 2-3am in the morning.... I press until speed cut :driver:

if not, follow speed limit... don't want to endangered others :adore:

Do u follow speed limit ??

-never heard before :stupid:. Hehehehehehe.

speed limit????

what is that, can makan wan, if can, tah pau.

Always.

cuz ampang roads are crap & my suspension is hard.

but mostly is because my car has -52hp left.:banghead:

reply to the topic,

-Do U follow Speed Limit?

Yes, i do. never breaks the speed limits from the 1st day i gets my license...:itsme:

i follow the meter cluster speed limit 1...:rofl:

reply to the topic,

-Do U follow Speed Limit?

Yes, i do. never breaks the speed limits from the 1st day i gets my license...:itsme:

i follow the meter cluster speed limit 1...:rofl:
muahahahahaha!!!!!1:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

er,ever since i got my license,i dont really follow the speed limit...Federal highway i do 140-150km/h...highway i do 150-185km/h...but sometimes i do follow...

if some1 follow 110kph on NSE, sure they will get killed....

i got a portable speed limter,when she is in my car,speed limited to 10-20% lower than legal speed

when she is not around,30% higher for sure

i speed minimum 120km/h...max 170km/h...i think i follow speed

without limit...hehe:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i got a portable speed limter,when she is in my car,speed limited to 10-20% lower than legal speed

when she is not around,30% higher for sure

but at least she;s not JUST a speed limiter la right? *hint*:biggrin:

Top Bottom