DIY roof rack for Pajero

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Factors that could cause burn-through....

unsuitable current setting on the welding machine
material too thin
movement of rod or filler too slow....
lack of protective/inert gas, pressure setting.
or esp. common : low visibility of the welding and the work (and causes burn through)

thanks for the tip.
fyi,i only used the mask few times before ditching it.only my bro uses it now.i must admit its an easier job with the mask.
i just got used with normal black goggle or ray ban.
i must say that i want to learn using the mask as its fun tu look directly at the arc behind the lens.

what if i want to weld on thin steel like the one i ised on the rack or commonly used on our house gate?
i can set the current at low but still,it burn throuh the steel easily.have to be super duper carefull.does rod diameter helps?

On top of what Ken yeang mentioned.

Your current setting and rod size for ARC welding is very important. thin material you need very low output but this at the beginning will be hard to start a the arc so be patient and make sure you place your ground clamp near your welding spot so the current flow can travel the shortest and easier to start a spark.

Rod size I always buy the smallest diameter I can find in the market. You can try to look for 2mm dia rod.

For thin metal sheet, I always start with spot weld 1st then only joint the spot together with adding more spot in between the spot I've welded earlier and it really takes a lot of practice and experience. I still sometimes have burn through.

waddafark.. you call this a DIY? You practically have workshop skillz already.

And a welder at home too!

Damn! I want one!

First DIY roof rack, then DIY kangaroo bar......znd then DIY roll cages....:biggrin:

First DIY roof rack, then DIY kangaroo bar......znd then DIY roll cages....:biggrin:

wah.....u guys punya poison...
the pajero already has a kangaroo bar.
to diy one will require a tube bender rig.which if i has one will makes all the vehicle at my house be it my mom's wira to my sis kenari will have 4-2-1 extractor or 3-1 for the kenari.not to mention complete exhaust system,all diy.....hahahah.

strut bar is a cool suggestion......
turbular frame car will be the ultimate dream.imagine sort of an Ariel Atom but DIY version.
just need a small engine,maybe just the 1.6 cps.to kept it local.
if want fc then can plonk in viva's engine.
still...with the regulation we had in Malaysia...

bit by bit....learn through small project, then graduate to something more complex....

If one gonna venture into tubular frame, it would be wonderful to use chrome moly tubes....***slurp***

bit by bit....learn through small project, then graduate to something more complex....

If one gonna venture into tubular frame, it would be wonderful to use chrome moly tubes....***slurp***

Bro. ken yeang keep poisoning bro. gunnerzz......:rofl:

Top Bottom