Diy Rim Spray~

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

dro

Known Member
well guyssss.......
plz assist all of us in rim spraying
paint? clear coat? any pics of succesfull diy?

TQS FOR READING.........~CHEERS~

remove old flaky paint on the rim. Sand surface with sand paper. corseness of sanpaper depend on the condition of rim. Clean surface with soap and water. Dry rim. Mask area if u do not want surface to be painted. Buy spray paint of desired colour. Paint should be heat or chip resistant. Spray few layer, each layer as thin as posible. When finich painting color, remove masking tape. then clear coat the rim surface, if required

later when finish, stand back, admire your DIY with a can of beer in hand, provided u did not suffocate inhaling paint from the spray can. j/kidding....

im not sure how much shud i sand paperrrr
and another thing is
my diskbrake is tends to collect rust....i mean the brake debris
***commonly found on the wira s.e...satria etc***
would it effect the paint? :D

this is wut i did last time...

img55700rh.jpg

masking 1st...selit the maskin tape between de tyre n de rim..

img55715hc.jpg

den wrap it wif newspaper.. n de backpart also cuz i dont wana spray de inner part..

img55729sq.jpg

this is de 1st layer

img55735ae.jpg

this is de 2nd layer

img55753ae.jpg

after clear coat..

img55740fl.jpg

this isde final 1..

another rim..but this 1.. 3layer of clear coat..
img55761by.jpg

img55780cg.jpg

img55775hh.jpg

see the shine...

szekeiemme,

thanks for the visual. Nothing beats photos showing the process of DIY. Nice work man. Dicha use heat resistance paint or just normal spray can??

I hear that good hardware shop sell special paint that has "rubberised" content that tend to resist chipping, aspecially from road debris/stone throw when driving.
However, it only available in black.

got a little advise...do notuse the normal clear coat....it will turn yellowish after 1 or 2 month...

somebody had posted DIY rim spray some time ago... if not mistaken sprayed gold color.... try to dig out the old thread... got pics also...

khguan,

thanks for the advice.

Howie,
if so, what sorta clearcoat do u recomend to use to avoid yellowing on the rim??

Hi Guys, I am fixing my rim now... pretty hard to get the exact color like the ori rim, (some sort like the metal gun color). any idea how to do tat?

and also... how do we have additional cmoth and clear coating for our rim? Thanks for all info.

here mine...

1. applied paint remover..to remove old paint

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

2. washed n dried

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

3. prepared for sprayed..normal spray(rm5/bottle)..3layers white+3layers clear spray

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

4. walla...finish product...

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

JCN,

Very nicely done.....Hmmm, didchu DIY ur brake caliper oso? I see its red in color like brembo...or izit a real brembo??

wow, ur rim paint so easy to remove....my rim cant even remove after i tried 4 times paint remover...too bad...lolz....

btw, i also dunno which clearcoat will not turn yellowish..maybe only those car paint will not..not sure...

Woooo NICELY DONE! BTW, what clear coat you use? it is so smooth!! and shinning? mind to share? :D thanks thanks!

fuhyoo.... hatta taikor, u using brembo brake set adi arr??... ur standard brakes cannot stop ur overwhelming power of ur weber carbs??..

not brembo brakes..just a pair of mirage turbo brakes...i sprayed them before i replaced my old brakes..

i used "ANCHOR" brand spray..both for the white and clear spray...

yeah, have to applied many layer of painr remover..applied once..removed the paint..then again..and again untill all olg paint removed...need lot of patient..hehe..

how long had u paint the rim? i wonder when the clear coat will turn ywllow....i using the same brand..after 1 month yellow edy....wish u good luck

if yellowing is obvious esp for white rims, the better color rims dark color....the clear coat the rims....

Top Bottom