DIY : Replacing my door visor (plz help..)

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
nowadays.. removing sticky double side tape are not a nightmare anymore as ppl use a "Circular Rubber" to remove them... attached to a drill with low speed rotation... rubbing off the sticky stuff.... totally safe for ur paint job...

using thinner wil definitely spoil de paint as thinner is a solvent dat is strong enough to "eat up" de paint... some ppl use petrol.. easier to remove compared to thinner.. but it stil eat up de paint...

try to get a piece of harder eraser to remove those sticky stuff.. else just ask de acc shop to do it...

jigc

Jan 30, 2005
this double sided tape of wind visors is damn strong.
i tried both thinner and petrol.
definately will hurt the paint.

when u peeled off the tape, it'll bring up the paint too.
i gave up and have left it for 3 months :(

tylaxng

Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
If u got hot-air blower,it's an easy job for u to remove visor or double side tape.

Set the hot air blower to 200~350C(depend on the tape material and surface material "no recommend for low temp plastic surface"). Start blow the visor from one side, and remove it slowly.

When visor remove, some glue will attach the car surface, let it cooling first, and use pencil eraser remove it.

Wish can help u.... :smile:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
it will melt those big visor too..my fren newly bought visor had melted..
last time i do it in a tradisional way, use soap water and rub it with my nail..take half hour on a 7years old double side tape...but result very good..hahah...finger pain too..

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
using a hot air gun is not an good i idea if u ask me... at dat temperature.. u would degrade de rubber strips/seals near there...

once i had de same prob. n i just used my fingers n thumbs to rub off de sticky tape... it worked.. but ended up my thumb got blister... then after 1 week plus de skin came off.... :(

i send my car to car wash centre and ask them take them off before polishing my car... haha... they use some kinda substance, pretty easy to remove after apply with it... anyway, i never bother to ask what substance they use.. haha....

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
---------------

try use zippo... many people say can... i tried finding one, but dont know how to explain zippo in chinese... hardware shop dunno what is zippo also... alamak...

so jz send to car washing centre and ask them peel of for me lo... sambil wax my car also... kekeke...

yes, petrol works... jz rub abit harder... once u notice it starts peeling, quickly wash off with lotsa water... if it doesnt peel, dont force... if not u'll be rubbing off ur car paint...

btw, use petrol with care... dont smoke while on job... we are not responsible for any accidents and explosion...

Anyone heard of the brand called JAZZ ? saw one at a shop ... just curious if imitation or not branded at all type. it printed "JAZZ ITALY" on the inner rim.