DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Dear E-Tech,

Below is my ECU P30 Pictures, we recheck the PCB trace look like good condition, Beside broken connection have which component can cause the engine light on can't start.

(All the caps,QM3,IC17 Changed)

Rgds
fcwee
Base on picture.... ic17 need change again.
Your symptom is key on- no fuel pump prime sound and no main relay
CLICK and check light on and cannot start correct?
If yes---> ic17 change again and check if you hv damage
The track from previois replacement during removal.

Jan 24, 2010
Puerto Rico
Hey E-tech how's it going?

... good to see you have been using my IC17 fix for delayed fuel pump prime and solid CE light ;-)

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
Hi guys, really need help on this, cel 14 on p08 ecu, confirm ecu as chage other p08 will be fine, changed all caps and 3leg transistor still hunting idle and cel 14, (cel trigger after few seconds after start) my problem is similar to all cel 14 in this thread since page 1..

Any help would really be appriciated,
Thanx and regards...

Edit: had clean the board btw but still no luck..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi guys, really need help on this, cel 14 on p08 ecu, confirm ecu as chage other p08 will be fine, changed all caps and 3leg transistor still hunting idle and cel 14, (cel trigger after few seconds after start) my problem is similar to all cel 14 in this thread since page 1..

Any help would really be appriciated,
Thanx and regards...

Edit: had clean the board btw but still no luck..
Picture plzzzzzz

Oct 24, 2013
I have a p28 ECU and its not priming my fuel pump or starting the car. i know its the ECU cause i swapped in the stock one into the car and fuel pump primed and started the car. I read some of this thread and its a common problem on this ecu. the fix is to replace QM1,2 (STA460C) and QM3 (STA413A), IC17 (TA8903SN) c14 or any burned caps. There is no visible burns and all the solder points look intact and good. I went to a electronics shop thats sells circuit board parts and tools ect. and also does repairs and said all the solder points and nothing looks burn but one of the parts i need could be burned and cant see it. They dont have the parts i need. Is there a reputable place to get these parts online? If i replace any of these will the tune on the ecu be altered? will i have to retune? Any help or info on this is appreciated..thanks

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I have a p28 ECU and its not priming my fuel pump or starting the car. i know its the ECU cause i swapped in the stock one into the car and fuel pump primed and started the car. I read some of this thread and its a common problem on this ecu. the fix is to replace QM1,2 (STA460C) and QM3 (STA413A), IC17 (TA8903SN) c14 or any burned caps. There is no visible burns and all the solder points look intact and good. I went to a electronics shop thats sells circuit board parts and tools ect. and also does repairs and said all the solder points and nothing looks burn but one of the parts i need could be burned and cant see it. They dont have the parts i need. Is there a reputable place to get these parts online? If i replace any of these will the tune on the ecu be altered? will i have to retune? Any help or info on this is appreciated..thanks
Does the check light go off?
PM me for support.

Oct 24, 2013
OKLAHOMA CITY
hey E-tech great thread you've started here! i have a p28 or p06 (not sure no label) ecu simular problem as diode210. i know for sure that pin A25 pin out shorted to ground and caused the problem. i do not see any shorts in board.
step 1 :when I first attach the ecu it will prime the fuel pump and cel stays on and no start .
step 2: if i key off and key on the fuel pump will not prime and cel stays on no start .
step 3:if i remove the ecu and re install the fuel pump will prime and the cel stays on no start just like step 1
. i have swapped for good known ecu and car will start.
i have measured the voltage coming out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1,2,and 3 and they measure 5 volts with step 1 and 3
with step 2 measuring the voltage out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1 has 5 volts ,pin 2 has 0 volts ,and pin 3 has 5 volts

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hey E-tech great thread you've started here! i have a p28 or p06 (not sure no label) ecu simular problem as diode210. i know for sure that pin A25 pin out shorted to ground and caused the problem. i do not see any shorts in board.
step 1 :when I first attach the ecu it will prime the fuel pump and cel stays on and no start .
step 2: if i key off and key on the fuel pump will not prime and cel stays on no start .
step 3:if i remove the ecu and re install the fuel pump will prime and the cel stays on no start just like step 1
i have measured the voltage coming out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1,2,and 3 and they measure 5 volts with step 1 and 3
with step 2 measuring the voltage out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1 has 5 volts ,pin 2 has 0 volts ,and pin 3 has 5 volts

If q10 is ok... Change qm3 and retest.

Oct 24, 2013
My fuel pump doesnt prime at all even if i unplug and plug in the ECU.
Have you change the IC17 any results. i have to order the parts online.

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys,

long time since my last visit..

just want to share some code 14 IACV issues on JDM small ecu

some issue can be solved by replacing the two resistor R62 and R63 and Q8, but try the resistors first.

however, i have one ECU that i have replaced R62 and R63 and Q8, no cel upon key on. idle goes up and down upon start. code 14 after 4-5 sec when engine is running

the iacv pin on the ecu does not hold up any voltage, usually a good known ecu will have 9V when engine is on

any ideas is appreciated..

other question is.. a steady CEL means with no code thrown is board problem. however, if steady CEL with no code thrown but if you pull a sensor plug, it will throw the specific code. but when you re install the sensor plug and reset the ecu. steady cel again no code thrown.

so the ecu reads sensor problems but when all sensors are working. there is steady cel with out a code thrown

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi guys,

long time since my last visit..

just want to share some code 14 IACV issues on JDM small ecu

some issue can be solved by replacing the two resistor R62 and R63 and Q8, but try the resistors first.

however, i have one ECU that i have replaced R62 and R63 and Q8, no cel upon key on. idle goes up and down upon start. code 14 after 4-5 sec when engine is running

the iacv pin on the ecu does not hold up any voltage, usually a good known ecu will have 9V when engine is on

any ideas is appreciated..

other question is.. a steady CEL means with no code thrown is board problem. however, if steady CEL with no code thrown but if you pull a sensor plug, it will throw the specific code. but when you re install the sensor plug and reset the ecu. steady cel again no code thrown.

so the ecu reads sensor problems but when all sensors are working. there is steady cel with out a code thrown

For the case of cel14.... Did the caps badly leak?

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
For the case of cel14.... Did the caps badly leak?
one of them yes but replaced it and all caps have proper voltage readings..

i can send you one ECU and try to see whats wrong.. early xmas gift you dont have to ship it back

Last edited:

X-wings

Jul 15, 2009
hi,
i have ecu pr3-j01
board 02D01720-1500

cannot start engine,
cel no blinking any code, stay on.
fuel pump not prime, fuse 18 no power, main relay not react to fuel pump.
change another ecu, car can start.

anybody can help me, ecu board look good no damage.

thanks

X-wings

Jul 15, 2009
Wings, ur location?
my problem now on ecu,..i change all capacitor,and then connect to car.
first time start the car, it running. but when i want start it in the morning, the car still same problem,
fuel pump not prime and car can't start. after thinking and research the problem.
i detect my ecu need in warm condition,(i test twice using iron warm the ecu board).
fuel pump prime as usually and car can start. do you think what's the problem on my board? i need change which component?
thanks e-tech

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear gurus, sifus, seniors,

This situation recently took place whereby during the cold start when i engage it to D, the car seems not moving at all. Thus i have to shift it to 1, then the car start to move, then slowly to 2 and D. Say if the engine is warm, this situation will not take place.

Consulted Tan Chong guys, he says it might be the GB problem. But i still believe there might be someway else to fix this problem. Therefore seeking some form assistance from zth'ians so that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience