Detail the engine

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is what DIY detailer do when detail car engine, just clean the engine.....:biggrin:
This was done a while back but did not post, here are some write up and pictures.

Use DG431 Truck and Equipment wash

Just spray water to engine to wet it, spray DG431 on affected area, brush with paint brush to loosen the dirt, then hose off...
Rocker cover....Before

After

Engine side...Before

After

Alternator...Before

After

Then a few days later, was too free and was thinking what else to do. Did a little more extreme area, went and detail the boot water run off area....
This place same thing, spray water to wet, then spray DG431, this time use tooth brush to brush, areas what stains harden to remove, use cloth and finger rub, rub....:biggrin:

Before

After

Before

After

Thank you for viewing....

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Whoa...oil/grease/lub stain? Leaking somewhere? After clean then easy to monitor......

So, would you say DG431 is some kinda degreaser then...? How easy was it to rinse off? I mean to rinse off that 'soapy' feel. And how does it smell?:rolleyes:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Krismas took all the questions i wanted to ask :biggrin: ...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Eh VR taiko... that much oil dirt means you have a leak somewhere. Fix it la. That'll be a b1tch to fix if it completely fails.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Whoa...oil/grease/lub stain? Leaking somewhere? After clean then easy to monitor......

So, would you say DG431 is some kinda degreaser then...? How easy was it to rinse off? I mean to rinse off that 'soapy' feel. And how does it smell?:rolleyes:
21 years old engine, what to expect...:biggrin:

Yup, as you know DG range have 403 All Purpose Cleaner, then 462 Ultimate Orange, 421 Cleaner & Degreaser and 431 Truck & Equipment Wash. So instead of getting every model bought the strongest, and if do not need that concentrated, can just dilute with water just like APC..
Rinsing off is a little more difficult but for engine don't really care. For boot area, seems okay...
Smell is okay, not strong to me....

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Very bery clean already haha! What kind of brush did you use?
Got mention brother. Engine use normal paint brush, Boot area use toothbrush....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

wao even possible to clean all the oil and grease, this is really useful
Degreaser mah! so can clean grease and oil....

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

where can i get this and how much?
Online - Duragloss Malaysia

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Eh VR taiko... that much oil dirt means you have a leak somewhere. Fix it la. That'll be a b1tch to fix if it completely fails.
Bro. Izso,
Common problem with 4G63T engine. Rocker cover gasket will harden and leak after a year or so. Even original ones. If not original, 3 months start to leak already.
As for the alternator, had a slow leaking power steering pump which is located right on top. That on koatim already..... :biggrin:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I asked becaused surfactant could cause some nasty semi-permanent stain on metal if not rinsed of thoroughly...learned that the hard way...*sob*

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I asked becaused surfactant could cause some nasty semi-permanent stain on metal if not rinsed of thoroughly...learned that the hard way...*sob*
So far okay, but then very old engine....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no need to cover any parts? in case of electronic stuffs or soemthing? just spray on?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no need to cover any parts? in case of electronic stuffs or soemthing? just spray on?
Make sure your ECU is in the passenger compartment. If in engine compartment then take care to cover that properly first before washing....

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I really like this product, many uses just like APC but stronger. I use it to clean all kinds of stuff, degreaser, clean house A/C, cleans all the more neglected parts of the car like fuel filler section, rim lugnut holes, very good at stripping wax and sealants off the car when used full strength, and most of all really good bang for the buck and easy to buy.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I really like this product, many uses just like APC but stronger. I use it to clean all kinds of stuff, degreaser, clean house A/C, cleans all the more neglected parts of the car like fuel filler section, rim lugnut holes, very good at stripping wax and sealants off the car when used full strength, and most of all really good bang for the buck and easy to buy.
That is why I did not bother with APC, Ultimate orange and the 421 degreaser and went for this. If require lower strength just add more water....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Melaka Raya is the place with shortage of parking spaces, evidenced by double parking on both sides of the main road. Those daring to park like this have some connections and seem to get away without any summons or parking tickets.
Those parking cars without connections, with no taikor to cover them, will get tickets from the numerous MBSB parking ticket-issuers who roam the whole town, making MelaKa a "fine" city (hoping to outdo Singapore).
What is the latest on JPJ online capability...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience