Defi !!!

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
is there any disadvantage in Defi Taiwan !!! is there control unit for Defi Taiwan...

can i go for Auto Gauge !!!

need advice from sifu !!!

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not A sifu. But I would recommend not to get un-original stuff. I got a friend who is using Taiwan defi boost meter, it does not show the correct info at all.

Auto gauge is not bad. Original,cheap,good.

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
aiyyyyy, but why some people not recommend auto gauge !!!

How bout Jasma gauge, i heard it is the worst nightmare !!!

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My opinion dont get jasma. If you want cheap get Auto Gauge, its really realiable, just that the design is not that nice.

IF you dont mind getting expensive, might as well recommand you ORIGINAL Defi , Apexi , Greaddy. 101% Satisfaction.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
yes please dont buy JASMA
the price may seem attractive at sight but later when anything happens you will be cursing your decision to buy it
Autogauge is actually pretty reliable although its readings are not as precise as defi meters coz their sensors are not as sensitive
but the margin is minimal
therefore if u are on a budget autogauge is the best bet for u

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
For low budget I think you can try AutoGauge or go for other brands such as Shadow / BF meters (they do have the opening and closing ceremony like Defi).

Of course, for high end you may opt for Defi, Greddy, Apex'i, Blitz, etc but that is gonna cost a bomb. It is really down to your wallet in my opinion.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If driving newer OBDII equipped models, why go with non-plug and play systems?

The new obd II port can output most meter signals directly from ECU.
Get those meters that can read that thoselah..

Not posting link because it might be construed as advertising. Google search for OBDII gauges :P

If non OBDII systems, then go with analog type systems like suggested above.

"Zaman sudah moden.. modifikasi pun kena moden gak... "

Takkan tau defi jer?

Some Sub 2K OBDII datalogging systems can do a lot more than just show you engine performance.. GPS tracking pun ada lol.

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
how do we know our car is OBD II? been asking a long time ago but no response at that time....

If confirm my car is OBD II equipped, I can buy one of these gadget:
  1. Greddy Informeter
  2. Blitz R-Vit
  3. PLX Devices multigauge c/w OBD
  4. PLX Devices Kiwi Wifi (if I use iPhone/Android phone that is...)

less clutter in my dashboard and easy to conceal IMHO...

p/s: Been using boost meter autogauge 52mm (non opening ceremony type) for close to 2 years and never got problem... even tested it against my friend's apexi EL meter... the different is minute...which for me is irrelevant when I just glance the meter only...

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Check to see if you got this port in your car

http://www.vehicle-tracking-gps.com/img/VT400-PNP-Install.jpg

That's a sample pic I dig up from google, so it's kinda random, but the port looks like in the pic, usually located somewhere under the steering dashboard area.

Most 1996 year and up cars have it, but not all..

But I thought the PLX systems not OBDII required? It's only an added feature.. so if you run non OBDII systems can use also.

Actually some systems can adapt to non OBDII compliant systems but have to cut2 wiring, which for me, is not a good idea.

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Lemme double confirm the how the car looks like... and it have only one, in the engine bay
Check to see if you got this port in your car

http://www.vehicle-tracking-gps.com/img/VT400-PNP-Install.jpg

That's a sample pic I dig up from google, so it's kinda random, but the port looks like in the pic, usually located somewhere under the steering dashboard area.

Most 1996 year and up cars have it, but not all..

But I thought the PLX systems not OBDII required? It's only an added feature.. so if you run non OBDII systems can use also.

Actually some systems can adapt to non OBDII compliant systems but have to cut2 wiring, which for me, is not a good idea.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Lemme double confirm the how the car looks like... and it have only one, in the engine bay
Don't think so.. even the kelisa has this under the steering dash.. I doubt perodua puts in any other different place.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor