cost of repair- altezza 6 speed manual

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

motorfreak

Known Member
im looking at a used altezza 6 speed manual, yr 98. asking price is 88k. mileage is at 103km. the problem is there is engine oil stain in the engine compartment and i suspect there is some leak somewhere. i also notice the glue on the welding joint is soft(maybe due to heat? cos car park under hot sun). when the car is rev, there is no white smoke coming out from the exhaust, i assume piston ring is still ok. i still never test drive the car yet.

since im no expert in spotting a total loss car or a kereta potong, can any sifu here help me.

back to the engine oil leakage issue, is it expensive? how much it will cost for a top over haul for an Altezza. will any mechanic know where is the leak by looking at the car or he need to take out the engine. i need to know the estimated cost so i can bargain kaw kaw with the dealer.

the car is at Lambrogini dealer in sunway. it is a johor plate.

many many thanx

wow! lambo dealers selling altezzas?!!business must be bad for the bull...haha, just joking man:regular_smile:

Anyway bro, about the problem ur facing:-

i) Firstly, try to identify the color and type of oil that is leaking. U can almost immediately differentiate engine oil, gear oil, brake fluid or steering fluid from the color and texture.

ii) if u dunno how to differentiate, u can get any good mechanic to have a look. U dun have to bring down the engine (or should i say 'yet'..hehe)

iii) For a car that 's 7 years old, u could be facing the common worn out parts (provided the previous owner drove sensibly) such as:-

a) oil seals

b) sealant surrounding oil pan

c) gaskets

For a peace of mind, pls get the car checked by a proper mechanic to verify the leak. In this forum's case, everyone would recommend Trial in Sg. Besi.

good luck bro,
:shades_smile:

alll i see is that there is black oil stain and carbon. definitely is engine oil leaking. i worry the engine block crack due to extreme use. can trial spot accident or kereta sambung as well?

can anybody give me a estimated cost:

1. changing all the oil and fluid of the engine.
2. gasket
3. oil seals
4. timing belt + bearing + aircond + alternator belt
5. water pump
6. spark plug
7. aircond servicing

anything i left out for a yr 98 car with 103k mileage, and with no service record?

Today afternoon i hoist up the car to check..found out that:
1. Clutch bearing fry
2. oil sump, gasket, oil seal all leaking
3. bad accident on full strech of driver side of the car!!1..scary..
4. no service record...

please be careful when buying used car!

motorfreak,

are u referring to the white color altezza with the 6 cyclinder engine one? the one with VIP 18inch chrome rims.......

that car is a very bad condition car....... the owner crashed it quite severely on the driver side.......certainly not a good buy........

hansc,

no ler..the car i refer to is silver color. now parking in Lambroghini Dealer at Sunway, just opposite of sunway futsal center.

Bro
Is the number plate 79 JB plate silver clr.
If Yes I saw this car running sepang for Sunday track day.

AE111,

you spot on. that is the car. if the deler want to sell cheaper than the offer price, i may considered...cheaper means much cheaper..heheheeh

Top Bottom