Come n talk about ur SE ride here....

Hi there...

I'm owned SE limited swap to AE101 engine aka silvertop. For the first 5 years, the engine performance was very good. After that, its start to make me some challenge. I had some problem wanna to share with you all. My ECU burned for first time, replace with new one and after 3 months its burn again. I already made some check at wiring harness if there any short circuit, but nothing can be found.

For those..especially sifu Toyota, please help me to find the root-cause. Any one also had similar experience, pls share with me.

Thanks in advance..:smokin:

ask bro sbirdz, he had d same problem wif urs, mayb he can giv u some advise or opinion in order to solve ur problem..... :-)

Bro sbirdz...

Would you share this experience with me...??
Many thanks...:biggrin:

thanks bro TOMee90 :driver:

Bump: Bro sbirdz...

Would you share this experience with me...??
Many thanks...:biggrin:

thanks bro TOMee90 :driver:

now i no longer on adjustable. using normal suspension with eibach spring only. my rear is just that, no any other bars. rear tyre camber at 2deg now. front, as i've mentioned, upper & lower bar, fender bar. camber at 2.3deg . quite high for street

Bro,wat d recom camber deg for street use?How bout toe deg to pair with -deg camber?i read some info from internet,set -deg camber at d rear will reduce overster,front juz normal,izit useful?

the more neg camber front and back will reduce over&understeer. but at the expense of rapid tyre wear. for FF, toe out of 1deg shud be sufficient.
tyre shop staff normally set front & rear -1, unless you specified your preference.

Last edited:
the more neg camber front and back will reduce over&understeer. but at the expense of rapid tyre wear. for FF, toe out of 1deg shud be sufficient.
tyre shop staff normally set front & rear -1, unless you specified your preference.
Soli bro,im junior.s'thing i still not clear,if i set rear camber -1,then toe out must set 1deg at d rear?if camber is -2 then toe out is 2deg?pls correct me if im wrong.izit toe only got in n out,no +/-?my gab hilo adjustable spring rate is F6k R4k,if i increase F rate to 8k,can tis reduce oversteer?or decrease R spring rate?
Bro,how many pcs bush for ee90 chassis?wat d price for OEM part n aftermarket part?(roughly)thanks alot bro,thanks for always share ur opinion with me.

Last edited:
Hi all bro, does anyone here having experience replace your AE92 rear disc set with AE101/111 rear disc? I've heard some people say it can be done with condition you need to replace the whole cross member, suspension arms & knuckle, but what I found is the AE101/111 cross member can't fix into AE92 body, which all the mounting holes positions are different.
So, appreciate if anyone here who'd successfully mod it can share your experience here :adore:

Hi all bro, does anyone here having experience replace your AE92 rear disc set with AE101/111 rear disc? I've heard some people say it can be done with condition you need to replace the whole cross member, suspension arms & knuckle, but what I found is the AE101/111 cross member can't fix into AE92 body, which all the mounting holes positions are different.
So, appreciate if anyone here who'd successfully mod it can share your experience here :adore:

im using AE101 rear caliper and disk brake, with AE92 knuckle, it fit perfectly.
and i wan to sell ae101 knuckle with AE92 caliper and disk brake.. pm me.

Last edited:
Soli bro,im junior.s'thing i still not clear,if i set rear camber -1,then toe out must set 1deg at d rear?if camber is -2 then toe out is 2deg?pls correct me if im wrong.izit toe only got in n out,no +/-?my gab hilo adjustable spring rate is F6k R4k,if i increase F rate to 8k,can tis reduce oversteer?or decrease R spring rate?
Bro,how many pcs bush for ee90 chassis?wat d price for OEM part n aftermarket part?(roughly)thanks alot bro,thanks for always share ur opinion with me.

rear i dun think can set toe(i might be wrong here). dun worry about rear toe. just set your front toe.
theoritically, spring rate doesn't affect much oversteering. even stock suspension, with 2 or more deg of camber, good tyre & chassis strengthening, that will improve significantly. spring rate mainly alter your ride behaviour.
I can't recall how many number of bush as there is quite a lot. price varies, 'beberapa puluh' each for OEM. aftermarket u have superpro polyurethane bush, a few hundreds of a pair. OEM is good enough.

Bump:

what condition is that? you are changing rear disc set right? not front.
rear must use AE92 knuckle, but caliper and rotor can use AE1x1.
front must use AE92 cross member & lower arm, but knuckle and brake set can use AE1x1.

Last edited:
rear i dun think can set toe(i might be wrong here). dun worry about rear toe. just set your front toe.
theoritically, spring rate doesn't affect much oversteering. even stock suspension, with 2 or more deg of camber, good tyre & chassis strengthening, that will improve significantly. spring rate mainly alter your ride behaviour.
I can't recall how many number of bush as there is quite a lot. price varies, 'beberapa puluh' each for OEM. aftermarket u have superpro polyurethane bush, a few hundreds of a pair. OEM is good enough.

Bro,ur advice is i need to set my front toe n rear camber to reduce oversteer?how bout front camber?juz keep it 0?soli bro,abit confuse.thanks
Another question,i have install safc2 in my svt.recently,i got some info from other forum,they say how u set d safc2,d stock ecu will change back to ori after few days,then is useless.izit true?hope sifu-sifu here can give some advice.thanks

Bump:

Bro,ur advice is i need to set my front toe n rear camber to reduce oversteer?how bout front camber?juz keep it 0?soli bro,abit confuse.thanks
Another question,i have install safc2 in my svt.recently,i got some info from other forum,they say how u set d safc2,d stock ecu will change back to ori after few days,then is useless.izit true?hope sifu-sifu here can give some advice.thanks

Last edited:

leave ur front toe at 1deg out. front camber can set to 2-2.5. after few thousands mileage, u'll notice tyre wear in the inside..:) dun leave at 0 camber.
rear camber not necessary, 1 plus will do. the more neg camber u set, actually it helps reduce oversteer instead. tat is why u see drifter never set rear camber, they want it straight for easy oversteer.
perhaps my explanation confused u even more. you can read here for better understanding.

SAFC2 ....hmm.urban legend has it that 20v ecu is very smart, and safc will not help. it's probably true that the setting will revert to ori after a while. but i wouldn't say it's useless. i saw before a KE70 with 20v silvertop, using SAFC 5buttons. asked him how he did it, he said his mech is a smart alec, who managed to trick the ecu. hopefully he din bluff me lar...
for the amount u paid for, why dun add a bit more for e-manage piggyback. many sifu here is using it, very easy for u to ask for assistance

leave ur front toe at 1deg out. front camber can set to 2-2.5. after few thousands mileage, u'll notice tyre wear in the inside..:) dun leave at 0 camber.
rear camber not necessary, 1 plus will do. the more neg camber u set, actually it helps reduce oversteer instead. tat is why u see drifter never set rear camber, they want it straight for easy oversteer.
perhaps my explanation confused u even more. you can read here for better understanding.

SAFC2 ....hmm.urban legend has it that 20v ecu is very smart, and safc will not help. it's probably true that the setting will revert to ori after a while. but i wouldn't say it's useless. i saw before a KE70 with 20v silvertop, using SAFC 5buttons. asked him how he did it, he said his mech is a smart alec, who managed to trick the ecu. hopefully he din bluff me lar...
for the amount u paid for, why dun add a bit more for e-manage piggyback. many sifu here is using it, very easy for u to ask for assistance
thanks bro.i'll try set it later.i dun hv pillow ball mount,izit must
put in camber skru front n rear?
actually tis safc2 in my car oredi 2 year,n never go to dyno n setting it.only setting it on the road by experience foreman at my hometown.i plan to dismantle tis safc2 n sell it.then get some $ to improve handling.
bro,wat do u think bout tis ik20 spark plug?too lean?can FPR solve tis prob?
thanks bro

Attachments

• 09052009064.jpg
    09052009064.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Just got my SE, there are some things I read about the suspension on here & US forums which made me more confused than I was:hmmmm: anyway, hope all the SE taiko's here can enlighten me:biggrin:

1) I read that if possible should stuff the whole suspension assembly from an AE101/111 into an SE. Something about more choices for absorbers & springs. How true is this?

2) Whats the best setup for touge & daily driving for our SE? Tein HA? how much are these?

3) I feel brakes on my car are bad, what are my choices for upgrading them? steel braided lines are in the planning (what brand?) twin pot?, or assembly from AE111? These are my current ones, not sure if there are stock SE ones or not;
24052009006.jpg

much appreciated sifu :adore:

Last edited:
Just got my SE, there are some things I read about the suspension on here & US forums which made me more confused than I was:hmmmm: anyway, hope all the SE taiko's here can enlighten me:biggrin:

1) I read that if possible should stuff the whole suspension assembly from an AE101/111 into an SE. Something about more choices for absorbers & springs. How true is this?

2) Whats the best setup for touge & daily driving for our SE? Tein HA? how much are these?

3) I feel brakes on my car are bad, what are my choices for upgrading them? steel braided lines are in the planning (what brand?) twin pot?, or assembly from AE111? These are my current ones, not sure if there are stock SE ones or not;
24052009006.jpg

I try to answer your 1st question since I've just experienced it few months back.
1) Yes, but with certain conditions :

Front suspension : whole set of spring, absorber and disc knuckle can swap-in, but please be informed that spring 92 cannot mount into 101/111 absorber. Your swap must in complete set of 101/111 spring & absorber.

Rear suspension : Only complete set of spring & absorber can be swap-in, you need to use back the 92 disc knuckle. Again, spring 92 can't mix with 101/111 absorber.
However, some mechanic say complete set of 101/111 rear disc knuckle also can mount in, but you'll need to get the 101/111 cross-member and its complete set of "suspension rods" to modify it. I did try the modification lately, I bought an 101/111 cross-member together with it's suspension rods, but when I try to exchange it, I found that the 92 cross-member mounting holes different a lot with the 101/111, so in the end I've given up.:bawling:

Hope this may help clearing your doubt.

Bump:

24052009006.jpg

I try to answer your 1st question since I've just experienced it few months back.

Front suspension : whole set of spring, absorber and disc knuckle can swap-in, but please be informed that spring 92 cannot mount into 101/111 absorber. Your swap must in complete set of 101/111 spring & absorber.

Rear suspension : Only complete set of spring & absorber can be swap-in, you need to use back the 92 disc knuckle. Again, spring 92 can't mix with 101/111 absorber.
However, some mechanic say complete set of 101/111 rear disc knuckle also can mount in, but you'll need to get the 101/111 cross-member and its complete set of "suspension rods" to modify it. I did try the modification lately, I bought an 101/111 cross-member together with it's suspension rods, but when I try to exchange it, I found that the 92 cross-member mounting holes different a lot with the 101/111, so in the end I've given up.:bawling:

Thanks for the reply!

What are the advantages of swapping in the AE101/111 suspension set? If possibly I'd like to get a brake upgrade to go along with the conversion. If so, what brakes are recommended? (4pot? 2 pot?)

Hi sifu,my car is se with svt.i planing change ecu to bt ecu.need some help from sifu-sifu here.i already have bt engine wiring,but dun hv wiring from ecu to dashboard area.is it must get this part wiring?there is a few type bt ecu 89661-1A360,1A470,1E090 for 5 speed,which one is suitable?thanks sifu.

Bump: Hi sifu,my car is se with svt.i planing change ecu to bt ecu.need some help from sifu-sifu here.i already have bt engine wiring,but dun hv wiring from ecu to dashboard area.is it must get this part wiring?there is a few type bt ecu 89661-1A360,1A470,1E090 for 5 speed,which one is suitable?thanks sifu.

I think la, not necessarily true.... 89661-1A360, 1A470, 1A660, 1A860 (letter A) is for manual transmission. See the sticker stated 4A-G M/T

and for the letter E is for auto transmission, sticker said 4A-G A/T

Eh... can swap ECU ka between SVT and BLT? SVT uses airflow meter (AFM) and BLT uses Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP sensor). In BLT, the sensor is written with Vacuum Sensor Assy with a small hose. Maybe you can if change with complete throttle body kot? Other sensor I dont know...

Bump: I think la, not necessarily true.... 89661-1A360, 1A470, 1A660, 1A860 (letter A) is for manual transmission. See the sticker stated 4A-G M/T

and for the letter E is for auto transmission, sticker said 4A-G A/T

Eh... can swap ECU ka between SVT and BLT? SVT uses airflow meter (AFM) and BLT uses Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP sensor). In BLT, the sensor is written with Vacuum Sensor Assy with a small hose. Maybe you can if change with complete throttle body kot? Other sensor I dont know...

Bump:

But how come TRD came up with same part number for some front suspension? Spring and absorber...

Front Spring
AE111 - 48131-AE911
AE101 - 48131-AE911
AE92 - 48131-AE911

All have same characteristic - 31.4 Newton per milimeter K value

Rear spring
AE111 - 48231-AE011
AE101 - 48231-AE011
AE92 - 48231-AE911 - different from AE101 or AE111

All have same characteristic - 29.4 Newton per milimeter K value

Front Absorber
AE111 - 48511-AE982*, 48520-AE100, 48510-AE110, 48520-AE110
AE101 - 48511-AE982*, 48520-AE100, 48510-AE110, 48520-AE110
AE92 - 48511-AE982*, 48511-SW293**

* Note the first type...... 4 stage adjustable rate, cartridge type, same part number
** this one have cross part number with SW20 (MR2)? Woohooo!!!... can cross install MR2 item on our AE92

Rear absorber
AE111 - 48530-AE000, 48540-AE000, 48530-AE081, 48540-AE081
AE101 - 48530-AE000, 48540-AE000, 48530-AE081, 48540-AE081
AE92 - 48531-AE091 only

Please refer to:-
http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_shock.html
for accurate part number. may be we can cross install with other models too... then our AExxx will never have problems in getting parts anymore..... :biggrin::driver::burnout:

Thanks bro,i do have MAP sensor.but is it must change throttle body too?how about a/c system?is it same as svt?thanks sifu.

Bump: Thanks bro,i do have MAP sensor.but is it must change throttle body too?how about a/c system?is it same as svt?thanks sifu.

In order to get an operational engine after the ECU swap, I think you must identify all the function of each ECU pin. I dont know wether the input (sensors) and output (solenoids) on silvertop are the same with blacktop. I dont know is it necessary to change the TB

i hope the attachment can help you...... Please cross check with BLT ECU to confirm on sensor and solenoid wiring

Bump: In order to get an operational engine after the ECU swap, I think you must identify all the function of each ECU pin. I dont know wether the input (sensors) and output (solenoids) on silvertop are the same with blacktop. I dont know is it necessary to change the TB

i hope the attachment can help you...... Please cross check with BLT ECU to confirm on sensor and solenoid wiring

errr....

bro nnik!!! tomee90!!!.... when ler to TT..drink drink!!..

talk talk... see your car...waakkakakakak

Bump: errr....

bro nnik!!! tomee90!!!.... when ler to TT..drink drink!!..

talk talk... see your car...waakkakakakak

hi bro,need some help from sifu here.
1)im using svt,recently my steering is hard to rotate like jam.only when i accelerate abit then it get smoothly.is it prob of power steering pump?can repair or replace to new one?
2)when i switch on a/c,there is some noise from a/c compressor pulley.can repair it or replace whole a/c compressor?
3)is it BT m/t n a/t ecu have same pinout?
thanks

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom