Cleaning MAF

wonge

anyone did cleaning the MAF. I think i did a stupid thing where i put my finger on the MAF sensor trying to clean it. What is the rite way to clean the MAF??? What shud i use???

MAF - MASS AIR FLOW .... a device connected in between the air filter and the intake pipe. It use to control how much air shud go in to the engine.

any idea?

LOL.. I tried to clean my MAF on my last car and I broke one of the pins! Had to shell out RM1.2k to get a new one! so be vewy vewy careful. Its very 'cracky'... like biscuits. Can just snap.

cheers

thanks, wonge....
that device so expensive loo......better let service centre to do the job....

I ve read in some forums that u can use those Video Head cleaner spray.....Just Spray n don't need to wipe...I've tried it works n no after effects....But its up to you guys to try at your own Risk <_< ...

just now, open up my bonet, but cannot really find the maf as mentioned....do u have pic to share??

i think only fuel-injection car has the MAF since it is control by the ECU...carburator not ECU ... what r u driving ?

Originally posted by wonge@Sep 29 2004, 13:30
i think only fuel-injection car has the MAF since it is control by the ECU...carburator not ECU ... what r u driving ?
driving underpower FI wira.... :(

walau, you guys hor dam daring lar....i know some foreman dun dare touch the dam thing also, unless change the whole thing....
isn't the sensor sealed ?? i was wondering how to seal it back once i dismantle it

I did it by soaking in petrol then dry it using a hair dryer.

Any problem? no.

by the way, wonge, the function of the MAF sensor is to sense the temperature change on the hotwire (of the sensor). This signal is then translated into mass air flow by the ECU. The part that controls the amount of air entering the engine is your butterfly in the throttle body. ;)

but...by taking it out by ourself.. didn't it will change or interrupt the mapping in the MAF??? i've already get the problem... the sensor goin gila when i take it out and clean...and put it back... take 'bout a week till the mapping of air and oil comes back...

sylver's AD,

Your's is AD Resort? I dunno much about the construction of your MAF but for the Siemens ECU in Wira, it's part of the learning process where the ECU start adopting the new condition of th cleaned MAF.

The MAF Sensor, as well as the other sensors such as MAP, Lambda, Air temperature sensors, that supply signals to the ECU or EMS, are not tuneable. What is being tune is the ECU or the EMS, which is the brain of the engine.

However the sensors output can be tricked in order to cheat the ECU about the actual condition being 'sensed'.

Playing around with the sensors and cheating the 'brain' is not an easy DIY because it is not stupid.

However, depends on the type and characteristic of the ECUs, some can be tuned to a greater extent, some only the idling.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom