City Council Workers With NO Brains!

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
I went to Damansara Perdana for lunch with my gf today. It was around 12:30pm and as usual, parking is a nightmare because of lunch hour.

We were rounding for about 10 minutes and finally found a parking spot right in front of the restaurant we were supposed to go (lucky us!).

As we were waiting for the car to reverse and leave, a city council officer (Majilis Perbandaran worker who issue summons) stood in front of us and waved us to move along. I was stunned. I pointed at the car reversing, trying to tell him that I wanted to park. He shook his head and ask me to drive off.

Then I rolled my window down and said to him, "Bang, saya mau park la.."

He said, "Tak boleh, awak kena pergi"

I said, "Kenapa?"

He replied, "Kereta belakang dah tunggu lama dah! Awak kena pergi!"

Mind you, the car has already reversed and left and the parking bay was empty, he was standing in front of it, blocking me from entering. Then, I realized. He was actually reserving the parking lot for his friend in a Nissan Vanette van! (Which was illegally parked a few cars behind me)

I said, "Mana boleh macam ini, saya tunngu dulu ma"

He said, "Tak boleh, kereta itu sudah tunggu lama dah! Dia kerja sini punya"

I said, "Bukan masalah saya kan? Saya dah pusing 10 minit dan jumpa parking ini dan letak signal. Mana boleh reserve parking? Ini parking u punya ka? Ada nama u?"

He didn't say anything and kept shaking his head, waving me to move. I got so pissed, decided not to waste my time, and drove in front and double park at the restaurant.

I came down to confront the fella.

I shouted, "Encik, u jaga sikit u punya attitude. Mana boleh reserve parking macam ini. U kerja dengan government, sepatutnya tau undang-undang!" He didn't respond, even tried not to look at me.

I think i created a scene in front of the restaurant and that made him scared. Then my gf and I walked to the restaurant and sat. I saw him immediately wore his helmet and rode off. My gf got his name though, MOHD FAISAL or smth like that. She damn gangster, shouted at him "Mohd Faisal, jaga u". Haha! I aso scared :p

Anyway, what a pissing of day. I should have taken my phone out and recorded his antics and post it on Youtube but i didn't thought of it at the time.

I swear, Malaysia will go backwards if we do not eradicate these few rotten apples from the system.

"1st world facility with 3rd world mentality" :sleep:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
maybe dat van double parked and was waiting for the parking spot? if dat was true, the van was waiting a lot longer then u for the spot, no? u did mentioned u noticed the van double parking few cars behind u, no?

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
maybe dat van double parked and was waiting for the parking spot? if dat was true, the van was waiting a lot longer then u for the spot, no? u did mentioned u noticed the van double parking few cars behind u, no?
I passed by that area twice, saw the van fella double parked quite far away chit-chatting with the council worker. Mind you, he was out of his van. When i came in the third time, i saw a car was about to leave and immediately signaled left and waited. Out of no where, the worker came from behind and stood right in front of my car and waved me off.

How can he do that? If its true that the van fella was waiting for hours, why isn't he rounding like the rest of us? What makes him so special?

Doesn't matter if you've waited for 5 minutes or 5 hours, you have no right to reserve a parking lot by standing there blocking it, period.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
from my point of view, he may have seen the car wanted to go out, and waited patiently for the spot. it may have taken a lot longer then he estimated, but if first come first is the practice here, and considering the way u explained he was there waiting beside the van, the guy with the van shud be given the parking instead of u, no?

to me, things like this is very trivial, nobody shud be shouting anything for a parking spot, lol

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
regardless, i feel most, if not all, uniformed workers do take advantage of their uniform.

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
from my point of view, he may have seen the car wanted to go out, and waited patiently for the spot. it may have taken a lot longer then he estimated, but if first come first is the practice here, and considering the way u explained he was there waiting beside the van, the guy with the van shud be given the parking instead of u, no?

to me, things like this is very trivial, nobody shud be shouting anything for a parking spot, lol
Agreed. I was very pissed about it so I decided to share this. Our time is too valueble to waste on these useless matters.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
My advice to drivers...if you are waiting for a parking spot and you spot one. please put on your signals to indicate others that you are waiting for that spot and move your vehicles close to that spot you want...No one will know that you want that parking if you don't put on your signal also don't be too far away from the spot you are waiting when you see the car reversing out as you give a misunderstanding to other drivers that you might just be waiting for a short while in the car and not wanting to park. Drive smartly...

What the City Council guy did was wrong.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
call MBPJ office right in front of him, and make a complaint, see the city council officer dare to stay?

don't be afraid of them, we pay their salaries.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My advice to drivers...if you are waiting for a parking spot and you spot one. please put on your signals to indicate others that you are waiting for that spot and move your vehicles close to that spot you want...No one will know that you want that parking if you don't put on your signal also don't be too far away from the spot you are waiting when you see the car reversing out as you give a misunderstanding to other drivers that you might just be waiting for a short while in the car and not wanting to park. Drive smartly...

What the City Council guy did was wrong.
Totally agree. If you double park and sit quietly, I would think you are waiting for some one. If you are looking for parking space, the moment you spot one, you have to be at the back waiting for that car to come out with signal indicator on. I have been in this situation many times, and whoever lines behind the car that is coming out, will get that space....

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
unless u waited for quiet sometime, and the car not yet reverse la. but usually when u signal already, the car behind u will noe that u gonna park, n ur car is closer to the parking spot with signal light on. is 1st come 1st serve basis.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Civic rx2 ,Honda Cvic ES 2.0 , Suzuki Swift and Nissan Latio Hatchback.
Now im confusing to buy a car.
this will be my first car.
i hope for those who are pro can give some advise to choose one of these car.:itsme:
about the engine , body , handling and all that important.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience