Changing dark windows to clear ones...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It's not about Airtrek but more in general. My Airtrek comes with clear windows (local USF car), but I've tinted the rear doors, rear side panel and rear windscreen 75% tint. Using it for 4 years now, no problems with authorities.

You guys know I got a RX8 recently, right? It's a Japanese imported recond car. So it comes with dark tinted windows in original from Japan. It's not the entire car but only the rear suicide doors and rear windscreen. It cannot be removed cos the darkness is in the glass.

Last weekend, we got stopped by JPJ. Many cars like luxury MPV got caught too. So now, my wife who drives the RX8 is scare and worry whenever she sees authorities. I've decided to change it to clear windows. So I asked the car dealer, they qouted RM1600 for 3 pieces (2 small pieces on suicide doors + 1 rear curve windscreen) including installation and they're China made ones.

Anyone knows any contact? Just wanted to compare prices before I go for it. Still awaiting Ah Wah for his qoutation too.

Attachments

nommiey

From Facebook
Apr 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Sorry for not answering but I am very curious why they can bring in such cars in such conditions(not following regulations) and still sell them, and in the end charge more for something that is supposed to be installed before they even get to be sold to the customers....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
that's Malaysia boley. It's illegal to use them but not illegal to sell them.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
window tinting has been politicized by our stupid law maker.i dont c indonesia or thailand giv a damn bout it.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Exactly. Do u think u can hide something behind the dark windows? If wanna hide, a lot more space in the car to hide, especially luxury MPVs.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
bro,transfer name must go thru puspakom inspection.how can the car pass puspakom wif such window?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Car dealer chg to clear for inspection n chg back to tinted ones before I collect the car. Anyway, I'm going to Ah Wah's this afternoon to chg to clear ones. He got it cheaper for me.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
my idea was actually wana ask u claim the dealer.selling the car wif illegal window.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
haha... .we tried but failed!

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

UPDATE: I finally got my windows changed at Ah Wah's place by his partner who does bodywork/painting. Wasn't too happy with the outcome.

Firstly, he damaged the rubber lining along the age of the rear windscreen. Now, it looks like crap. Though it's very small, still pretty upset for a car perfectionist like me.

Secondly, the clear windows on the side is not like the original. He said it has to be permenantly stick and cannot be opened. Original can be flip open. After seeing his workmanship on the rear screen, dare not let him touch my sides ones already.

I've also removed the front door tints myself, it's brighter inside now with non front door tints and also clear rear winscreen, making the small side windows lighter and can been from outside.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The opening round of the Goodyear International Drift Series saw a lot of action in an extremely hot sunny afternoon in Putrajaya. The series is currently the only official professional and amateur drift series in Malaysia that is an affiliate of Formula Drift – the renowned North American professional drifting championship series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience