Cefiro Club

brougham n brougham VIP

one more question, could i know wats the different between brougham n brougham VIP, anyone can help??

patersonia said:
halo everybody, i will get my cefiro brougham soonly, bt is A32, i love this car since 7 years ago, bt i cannot afford the price when it is new, bt today, my dream will become true, i will collect my vehicle soonly, could i know which workshop can convert the engine? from 3.0 to 2.0 or 2.5c? the reason is i dont think i can afford the road tax in future, so i just wan to make some research bfr something suddenly happen. thanks everybody......:_: :_: :_:

hi patersonia
i'll recommend 2.5 lol
3.0 good power but road tax n fc problem road tax 2k+
2.5 well many sifus here covnerted to 2.5 cause roadtax much cheaper i think 800+ rite? guys?.
2.0 i would say dont get it!!! unless u want to drive casual only. very underpowered. forgot roadtax how much lol.
i was driving A32 3.0 then sold then now A33 2.0 power difference 210hp -150hp... so yeah if 2.5 i think its reasonable power for the weight and size of the car.
hope it helps.
cheers

0123 said:
hi patersonia
i'll recommend 2.5 lol
3.0 good power but road tax n fc problem road tax 2k+
2.5 well many sifus here covnerted to 2.5 cause roadtax much cheaper i think 800+ rite? guys?.
2.0 i would say dont get it!!! unless u want to drive casual only. very underpowered. forgot roadtax how much lol.
i was driving A32 3.0 then sold then now A33 2.0 power difference 210hp -150hp... so yeah if 2.5 i think its reasonable power for the weight and size of the car.
hope it helps.
cheers

thanks ur reply mate,

could i know where is the best place to convert the engine? how much it will cost? can i know the budget?

defcon1 said:
Hmmm....Melbourne....Australia is a great source of parts... :D

haha well i cant source for parts here cause got no contacts and my very limited knowledge on cars :(
but if u want me to help u get something i could if its not too big n heavy. and if its legal for me to bring in back to malaysia haha.
i'll not be bringing many things back this time short holiday only so yeah probably will have spare kg.
if need anything tell me quick lol cause flying on the 9th edi hehe.

0123 said:
haha well i cant source for parts here cause got no contacts and my very limited knowledge on cars :(
but if u want me to help u get something i could if its not too big n heavy. and if its legal for me to bring in back to malaysia haha.
i'll not be bringing many things back this time short holiday only so yeah probably will have spare kg.
if need anything tell me quick lol cause flying on the 9th edi hehe.

hmm, i love melbourne, expecially the shark fin dim sum in china town, those hongkong guy really know how to cook, the food taste so good. wats the vehicle u r using in melbourne? nissan 350z?? i really love tat 1......the 350z is really popular in melbourne.

bt i also miss the laborginni which i saw in melbourne city bfr? 3 different colour together, red, yellow n black, parking outside of the cinema wth very huge tyre......perfect vehicle...........even those guy which drive the porche 1 also scrow down the window to take a look on those labor.....

I LOVE LABOR.....:cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile:

patersonia said:
thanks ur reply mate,

could i know where is the best place to convert the engine? how much it will cost? can i know the budget?

there are some details on earlier posts
if i dont remember wrong its around 5k +-
place i'm not sure ask ong* he's the best person to ask
he did the conversion hehe.

0123 said:
there are some details on earlier posts
if i dont remember wrong its around 5k +-
place i'm not sure ask ong* he's the best person to ask
he did the conversion hehe.

thanks a lot mate, 5k still a big amount fr me........bt i will think about it..........:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :regular_smile:

patersonia said:
thanks a lot mate, 5k still a big amount fr me........bt i will think about it..........:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :regular_smile:
hehe not quite sure about the figure but should be around 4-5k la
ong san will give u a better rough price hehe.
u been to melbourne studied here b4 or what?
haha n 350z is 60k AUD about 180k RM lol
i'm driving camry here lol
if didn't buy A33 cefiro then din buy this camry here also then can afford 350z la.but both side got car so no sports car :S
but planning to change to skyline if can hehe.

0123 said:
hehe not quite sure about the figure but should be around 4-5k la
ong san will give u a better rough price hehe.
u been to melbourne studied here b4 or what?
haha n 350z is 60k AUD about 180k RM lol
i'm driving camry here lol
if didn't buy A33 cefiro then din buy this camry here also then can afford 350z la.but both side got car so no sports car :S
but planning to change to skyline if can hehe.

u r use camry? me too, bt is 94 version camry, no the latest version camry, in tasmania is 94 version, in kl now also 94 version camry n another A32(soonly). u r use a new camry in melbourne right? sure very enjoy lol. vietnamis is nice? didnt get 1 there? the chinese from indonesia also rich? never get 1? if u get 1, mayb u can get the labor easily. the 350z in 2nd hand only au46k in ebay, no tat expensive, y u never try 1 at there? skyline...no my type.....i dislike about it. i think 350z is too perfect....modern, stylist....:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :regular_smile:

patersonia said:
u r use camry? me too, bt is 94 version camry, no the latest version camry, in tasmania is 94 version, in kl now also 94 version camry n another A32(soonly). u r use a new camry in melbourne right? sure very enjoy lol. vietnamis is nice? didnt get 1 there? the chinese from indonesia also rich? never get 1? if u get 1, mayb u can get the labor easily. the 350z in 2nd hand only au46k in ebay, no tat expensive, y u never try 1 at there? skyline...no my type.....i dislike about it. i think 350z is too perfect....modern, stylist....:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :regular_smile:

hey patersonia u got msn?
easier to communicate and we dont flood the thread lol XD.
mine is [email protected] add me if u got :P
cheers

New Toy!!!

ongteckweng said:
hey guys...i am trying out a new rim my friend brought in from Japan. its a 3 piece Enkei rims...looks vip to me lor..hehe

the spec:
18"x8.5JJ front +40
18"x9.5JJ rear +42

its really light considering the size. actual colour was chrome gold but my friend decolour the gold layer n its full chrome now...what do u guys think? my OZ nicer or this one? :confused_smile: but its for sale la...anyone? hehe

18enkeigold.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg

how about this?
18rim.jpg

old 18" OZ...a bit dull if u ask me...haiii...
k.jpg
g.jpg
f.jpg

Uncle!!! love the rim. You mean your friend let you use it for now? You transfered your 225R18 rubber to the rim? hmmmm looks very wide for a 8.5JJ.
Maybe the deep dish!...

Anyway, 18" will not be in my plan until my baby's 1 year old birthday liao......:cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

One more month counting down to receive my baby.....:regular_smile:

Wow Guys! seems very happening this pass two days!!

First of all, welcome all the new Ah Pek!!!! Defcon1, from the way you explain your stories....I think I will be spending long time chatting with you!!!

So All Feilos....we shall meet next TT..

Project Z

defcon1 said:
I like that rim... :) I have 3 pieces of a set of Sebring...lost one in a minor mishap with a trailer a couple of months ago, and cannot find replacement. I think they come off a Japanese 300Z. Was doing 160 kmh at the time...but that's a story for another day... :):laugh:

Seems like a good project to take up!

I think first of all, have to put aside cost and budgets when talking about it.
It's good to go all of us to learn more about the VQs under our feilo's hood.

We must know what characteristic our VQ has and what it's made of before talking about modding.

Agree with Defcon1 about the shops out there using our cars as test bed. They really don't have alot of experience modding VQs. For all we know, 100 Feilo out there, maybe just 25% of the owners knows it's the VQ that powering their car~~Sad but i have to say it very true loh!:confused_smile:

So, I think if we all interested to know more about our Feilo, can also start a small project paper. Recording the source of where all power comes from.

From injector to fuel pump..(I found that there are actually some shops out there actually increase the Voltage supply to the fuel pump to get more pressure!!! This i can't accept!!!!:angry_smile:)

Cast vs Forged Piston. I need to warm up my engine for 1~2mins before driving off. Else it will feel like misfiring..or like choking. I think i get my answers now..or at least 80% of the reason....(Can be also cause by my MAP-ECU for lean fuel mapped. Didn't had the time to check yet)

Talk more when we meet.....

All sifu here, may i know how much the titan will cost for the shock?? i went titan on saturday and then kenneth cost me RM2200 including the installation. thanks. but i dun wan too stiff, so which 1 is better?? i still using the original shock but too "soft". hope u all sifu here can give me some opinion. thanks. hope can hear from u guys soon. thanks a lot.

Pistons: Cast vs. Forged (sharing)

Pistons: Cast vs. Forged

The major disadvantages to forged pistons are actually a result of the forging process itself. Forging results in a piston that is considerably heavier, than cast pistons, and is limited in the aluminum alloys that can be used to produce the piston. Additionally, the forging process also limits the design configuration of the piston itself.

The forging process and its limited choice of aluminum alloys result in a dramatically higher expansion rate for the forged piston. This means that the set up characteristics are very different from the original engine manufacturers' and that break-in and warm up periods are crucial for the forged piston.

An example of the dramatic expansion of forged pistons is the piston skirt clearances in the cylinder. A typical cast piston has a skirt clearance of approximately .0007 to .0009. A forged piston has a skirt clearance of .005 to .007. The forged piston has 10 times more slop in the cylinder. This results in less ring stability against the cylinderical wall, more piston noise and extra blowby.

In all fairness, after the forged piston has reached operating temperature, its dramatic expansion makes up for these extra clearances. However, this should remind us of the typical customer that a dealer services. Can we expect the casual weekend boater to strictly observe the extended break in period and the critical warm up procedures required for a forged piston? Let your own experience answer this question.

Most forged pistons are quality products, but they are better suited to racing and professional applications.

Hi Brian,

Titan rides just well. A few members using Titan and love it...A32 and A33 too.
Won't be like very hard...but sure compromise your previous comfort loh. But it's a worth trade off.

I'm using TEIN...worst! but still, i'm loving it..

Anyway, I think Titan for Feilo is about RM2800, fully adjustable. Not sure included PillowBall join or not. have to check.

Guys, your Titan came with the PillowBall join?

patersonia said:
halo everybody, i will get my cefiro brougham soonly, bt is A32, i love this car since 7 years ago, bt i cannot afford the price when it is new, bt today, my dream will become true, i will collect my vehicle soonly, could i know which workshop can convert the engine? from 3.0 to 2.0 or 2.5c? the reason is i dont think i can afford the road tax in future, so i just wan to make some research bfr something suddenly happen. thanks everybody......:_: :_: :_:
hi bro pater...welcome...another a32 gang...hehe

i have a32 with 2.5 engine as well. converted from 3.0...the cost varies as it depends on ur requirement.
there r 2 batches of vq25de..1st gen n 2nd gen...most first gen r cefiro sedan while 2nd gen comes in cefiro wagon version....

of course price diff. between 1-2k just for the halfcuts....for 1st gen, the mileage its higher, usually over 150,000km...the bodyparts r the same so u dont need them. even the interior r the same...should cost u around rm3.5k++ just for the engine stuffs

for the 2nd gen, they have diff bodyparts n lower mileage...usually below 100,000km. the diff its on the headlamp (smoked) bumper, grille n fenders (no signal light)...while the interior has smoked n electronic meter. some even comes with touch screen aircon controller...:evil: but its rare! price around rm4.5k to rm5.5k

as for workmanship...its around rm1.5rm to 1.8k++ including new belts, engine oil, ATF, filters etc...i can recommend good shop if u r interested...
hopefully to c u soon...hehe

dream.tent said:
Uncle!!! love the rim. You mean your friend let you use it for now? You transfered your 225R18 rubber to the rim? hmmmm looks very wide for a 8.5JJ.
Maybe the deep dish!...

Anyway, 18" will not be in my plan until my baby's 1 year old birthday liao......:cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

One more month counting down to receive my baby.....:regular_smile:
dreamo...yes...he let me use...actually he is tryin to fish me to buy the rim la...hehe
but i need to sell my 18" OZ rim 1st...u want? installment scheme for u la...
rm290x12 months...hehehe...
all 4 rims r using 225/40/18 tires which r undersize...really stretch thos bugger to the max especially the rear...:biggrin:...really like japs...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom