CDT CL62

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
Hi all,

On the search for components again <_< , I am not looking at CDT's CL62.

Can you please clear my doubts:

- Are they the lowest end CDT components?
- What are they priced at and are they worth the money?

Any other comments are much much much appreciated.

Thanks!

;)

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
Yes, they are the CDT Entry level stuff... Price is abt 1k.

I prefer the HD series but the HD's cost more! hehehe... they are pretty good for the price. Give them a listen before deicding.

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
Hi Bert,

Thank you for replying. With my limited moolah...I think I can only afford entry level stuff...sigh! :(

Just out of curiosity, do any of you have comments on the CDT EF-61CV?

I was told that they are worth the money as hell and that they are award winning and such. Price is abt double compared to the CL62 right? Good stuff?

Thank you! :)

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
r u on hunt of component? if so, why set on CDT only? thr r alot more good speaker around. what is ur budget?

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
Hi,

yes, looking for components because my current ones are mismatched (CDT woofer and crossover but using infinity tweets due to car break in where original tweets were stolen! :angry: ) so intending to throw them to the back where I currently have a set of bloody noisy Pioneer 6X9 horn loaded speakers.

I'm not only looking at CDT but since I have a set I know they sound good. I have a budget of only RM1K MAX....thus I know my choices are pretty limited.

Looking for SQ componets...R&B, Dance and Pop music mainly.

Anyone got recomendations???

Thank you all in advance! :)

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Bert,

U finally discovered Normality's motive .. wahahaha!
He is going to kill me for discovering his movite .. wahahaha

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Wahaha guys, sorry hor. he did enquired my CDT parts but too bad it was sold to another user. whahaahah.

RM1k max, hm... get some used focal or DLS. u wun regret. u intrested in PHD AF 6.1KIT? a used set is around rm650

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
oh yeah, maybe i can help u to get a CL tweets. my friend wanna sell but not sure would he wan to sell the tweets alone coz he is also selling with xover without mid

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
HI,

Yeah I was one of the first guys to PM Normality on the CDT tweets....but...they were sold to someone else... :(

I dont mind using used stuff, but they are kinda hard to come by and many cant be auditioned because the owners would have taken them out when they upgraded, I'm in JB btw so not too many of ZTH forum guys here are from JB ... at least not that I know of.

I'll try to see what I can find on the PHD AF 6.1KIT, I have not listened to this brand b4 and again, kinda hessitant.

I got offered the CDT EF-61CV for RM1.6K, but I cant afford them. :angry: :(

SCANSPEAK tweets ar....cannot la....they cost so much and even if I get them, need to get new amps as well... :huh: also I am too new in this wonderful world of ICE to play with high end stuff like this.

So sad.......... :(

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
I'm usin CDT HD62 now and i intend to upgrade the tweets ONLY.I suggest you look at other tweets because i feel they lack certain high extensions.
SS tweets and dyns sounds sweeter compared to the CDTs but AT a price you might balk at.I've tried runnin the Alpine DDlinear tweets with phase plugs on the CDT xovers and they sound much much better than the CDTs.They look very much like the Vifa ring radiator tweets.Another tweet i recently came across that has a similar look but haven't tested yet are the Kove tweets.I suspect they are made by Vifa too judging by shape.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
1.6K for CL EF????
Maybe u should consider cross over to Spore since u r from JB.
with 1600, u can get FNQ, HD ..... or even Dyns GT series ... hehehe ..

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
Can get Dyns GT????? :o Compared to the CDT EF-61CV , they sound much better, big difference??

RM1.6K works out to be around SGD690, where can I get Dyns in Sgp at that price in Singapore, I would wanna check them out. The GT series are entry level ar??

I have checked a few shops in Sgp, yes some are cheaper but they have no warranty (export sets?). Also I noticed that price varies a lot at some places, maybe they know I'm Msian by looking at my face! hahaha :lol: <_<

My 1K budget really kinda tight....... :( :angry:

So....save up more and hope for better things? This is so so sad! :blink: :lol: ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone knows how to convert my car central locking to be control by switch ...... meaning switch that hits the lock up and down ......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience