Car vibrating like hell!

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
hi guys! need some advice here.

Changed my air con compressor few days ago and after that, whenever im driving 90 and above, the car shakes very badly. accelerating and foot not on the throttle.

Any idea what could be the problem?

thanks

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
thanks ray...will try today.

u do ur wheels stuff in sp too? any recommendation? me kind of losing hope in the sp tyre shops that i know...most of the time after alignment the car still doesnt go in straight line..

najibkl

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
www.protonclub.com
Don't think so abt chg air cond comp make car vibrates...Normally something wrong with the condition of the wheels...

Is there any possibility if chg air cond comp??

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
dennis, i dun think changing ur air cond comp could cause this prob...u sure it wasnt there b4 u changed it??

i had more or less a similar prob b4 changing my wheels...car would vibrate or actually bounce once i reached 80kmh...then upon reaching 100kmh, it would go away...checked my tires..the thread was uneven, 3 having abt 60-70% threads left, the other having abt 30-40% thread left...i think u might have felt it when we went to sp together...true enough, the bouncing/vibrating went away after changin my wheels...

on my previous car, i had warped disks and when braking at 80kmh and above, i could feel the steering & wheels vibrating..skimmed the disks and prob went away...

hope this helps..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wats shaking?steering wheel?whole car?

could be ur engine mounting...very easy 2 feel if u r driving A/T car....

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
thanks so much guys!

yup..wheel balancing did the job well :) sifu ray got the bulls eye...others very near too...thanks for all advices!

alex, hows ur car? still with proton heart?

black_rider

Dec 27, 2004
Hey guys ... my steering wheel is not vibrating when reach high speed but when stop that time .... the steering wheels vibrate like hell ... what could be the problem? It's time to change my wheels? - 1 year only ( travel highway 2-3 months once or twice ) It's time to do wheel balancing? or Air too much? I pump around 29 - 30 lidat ...

Driving Proton Wira ..

Please advise thanks!

Dr Jesus

Oct 19, 2004
Heaven and Earth
www.bible.com
engine mouting or when you press the brake,it vibrates you have a warped disc.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
skim your disc rotors and change new brakepads... if after skimming the problem persist... i suggest u change a pair of new disc rotors.

Engine mounting failures will cause your car to vibrate at idle and at certain engine speed or load. Not nessary when braking. I believe it's your front disc rotors are uneven.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
mine also got some symptoms, when I decelerate and then suddenly WOT, there is a vibration. The tyre shop said that my lower arm bush has hardened and needs replacement. Is that true?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Most men have their own dream garages. I know I’ve daydreamed about this countless times before, even limiting myself to ‘just’ a total of five cars. One of the five parking bays in my dream garage is reserved for an SUV; although I’ve yet to decide on which one and am swaying between a Porsche Cayenne, or a BMW X5. I recently approached BMW Malaysia and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience