Vibrating sound when clutch pedal is not depress

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hi bros, as per title, i'm having this metal vibrating sound(klak klak klak) when my clutch pedal is not press, recently just changed the clutch bearing and service the gearbox..Fyi, i'm using Evo 2 engine and gearbox (non-lsd)..1 thing i notice is that the sound goes goes off when i depress the clutch or make the clutch higher-(have to release the clutch pedal more only the car can move)..earlier i adjusted the clutch pedal to the highest and the sound is not there anymore but i prefer shorter clutch, so i re-adjust again yesterday and the annoying sound came back, it happens all the time during idling or even the car is moving as long as the clutch pedal is not depress..Anybody experience this b4?..Somebody help me please..Thank you in advance

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Uneven flywheel's surface can cause vibrations even when idling,bro?..i'm not sure bro, just bought the car 2months ago..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Oo during idling is it? i know the last time i had the klak2 sound too....even when idling, if i move the sound gets louder, unfortunately it was 1 of the gbox bearings, i had a tough time finding it, ended up changing to evo gbox.....

btw wat car u using? yr neo gsr sold edi ah?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
During idling and even when the car is moving..:banghead:..as long as the clutch is released, the sound is there..currently driving wira, yeah sold the neo november last year..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
using twin plate clutch or stock?

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
i think the sound came from bearing...your replacement bearing is it exactly same with the stock oem one?...
normally this will happen when u used different bearing...normally if go to sparepart they will give the 1.8 / gti bearing one...yes it really same but its a bit different...for evo/gsr the bearing is slightly higher...
at the part code also the number different at the last number...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
But funny thing is when i raised the clutch pedal, sound gone..When i make it shorter, sound came back..

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
if like that u need to open it out and check lor...could be pressure plate and coulde be also the rivet nut at the plate...some more trinity easily can touch the revet when the plate worn out...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
clutch being removed and installed 3 times by 3 diff mechs ade, wat u think?..i also segan la wanna go back and trouble him..

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

if like that u need to open it out and check lor...could be pressure plate and coulde be also the rivet nut at the plate...some more trinity easily can touch the revet when the plate worn out...

nvr like trinity clutches, saving money to replace with exedy..

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

the sound is similar to super single clutch when it's engaged, just dat mine is terbalik, clutch disengage got sound..hehe

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i think i have the similar problem with u....im on evo1 gbox (non lsd)....
when i lower the clutch it slips....(car cannot move, but rpm spikes) only when i increase the pedal's height then car able to move....running on heavy duty OEM clutch.

ehdrian,
yr trinity is new rite?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Nope, it's used, it comes with the car..Looks like changing gb is the solution..Another 2k..:banghead::bawling:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
could be the plate worn out edi....like wat boi mentioned, trinity's clutch pad is riveted, so if its worn out the flywheel will kena the rivet screws...hence u have to skimm yr flywheel, but exedy is different, its pads are glued.........

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

bro read here, seems like he has the same problem as u..
managed to dig it up.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/282331-triniti-clutch-problem-karma-2.html

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Decided to sounddeaden my Waja's boot during this semester break..... I already plastered the floor of the Waja with Dynamat Extreme, so I have only RM150 left. Here goes....

Here are some pics to share:

Hope this helps anyone who wants to try to DIY :)

Materials:
1. SikaDamp360 x3 pieces (limited budget) RM105.00 (supplier :boeytan)
2. Insuflex (10mm x2) RM4x.00 (supplier :boeytan)
3. Scissors & Penknife
4. Dunlop CA Glue RM15 (big can)
5. Whiteboard marker pen
6. Old newspaper
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience