car polish

elantra

Mar 29, 2004
can u all suggest to me what is the best car polish to use....
give a shine look and protect the colour....
hope can help me

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
try soft 99 car wax...they come in two types, one for light colours, another for pearl, metallic, and dark colours... it comes with a applicator sponge...
might i suggest you buy a wool mitt as well... really eases up your waxing job, plus it gives beautiful results too...
just remember to apply evenly in small circular motion and wipe off in the same action as well....
cheers

elantra

Mar 29, 2004
sorry... what is wool mitt.....
i will try soft 99 i think....
thanx for your suggestion...

any recommendation???

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
Originally posted by saru-kun@Jun 29 2004, 04:54 PM
try soft 99 car wax...they come in two types, one for light colours, another for pearl, metallic, and dark colours... it comes with a applicator sponge...
might i suggest you buy a wool mitt as well... really eases up your waxing job, plus it gives beautiful results too...
just remember to apply evenly in small circular motion and wipe off in the same action as well....
cheers
totally agree, soft 99 has a range of waxes for all different types of colours..

Lots of cloths, hehehe... if you're using hard wax, make sure you have more cloths then... heheh...

elantra

Mar 29, 2004
g88 where can i get Meguairs Gold Class Wax ...
and how much is it....
and youre really satisfied with this products??

sorry for stupid question....
what the different of wax and polish :D :D :D

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
wool mitt ar...err... something woolly, which you wear on your hand...usually its yellow, costs about 10 bucks or so...try asking at eneos..i bought mine there...
wax...thats what soft 99 is, liquid or hard, it basically gives your car a nice shiny and water repellant surface.... if you love your car... you'd wax her about once a month (or 2 months)
polish, by definition means to remove a thin layer of paint to reveal a new surface...not recommended because the layer of paint will get thinner and thinner...also you remove the topcoat of the paint...
have fun... ^_^

elantra

Mar 29, 2004
saru-kun......
thanx for your explaination....

frenx....... :D :lol: :D

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
hmm....glare in sunway, if i'm not mistaken, the write up from hypertune (regarding their project car, the rs lynx) they did a polymer sealant treatment for about 500, i think
plus their treatment is guaranteed for 18 months on their gloss rating...
though i'd like a demo of their acid resistance...wonder whats the concentration of the HCl used in the demo...?
cheers

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by elantra@Jun 30 2004, 10:52 AM
g88 where can i get Meguairs Gold Class Wax ...
and how much is it....
and youre really satisfied with this products??

sorry for stupid question....
what the different of wax and polish :D :D :D
Hi saru-kun,
you can get Meguairs product in ACE hardware. There is one on Midvalley 3 floor, Taman Melawati + Ikano Power Center.

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
meguairs... can someone compare its products with some soft 99 products? any diff?

I know meguairs have a washing solution that doesn't strip of the wax off your car... this sounds damn good...

elantra

Mar 29, 2004
can taiko2 tell me after wash the car ... we need to polish first or wax first

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
huh???i think the term polish and wax are intermingled and confused...we don't polish our car, we wax it, using stuff like kit car wax, soft 99, meguairs....etc these stuff usually comes in liquid (soft wax) or hard...

usually after washing the car, then only you wax...
for me usually, wash my car on mondays around 4-5pm...
then wax the car at around 11-12 pm... (monthly, after washing in the evening)
hope this helps...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im newbie n consider to transplat my wira 1.3M carb to 4G91 MPI manual....i wan to ask any sifu here can tell me about the price for the halfcut ?? n if i get the parts separetely, how bout the price oso....??? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience