can afternoon heat/temperature kill ur glass window?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

flat_tyre

Known Member
i was driving my bro's old toyota LE last saturday, in the afternoon. suddently, while driving, my front glass window crack...!!! the whole glass summore. i thought like hit by a rock or something, but by the way it crack, doesnt looks like being hit by an object.

is it because of the heat? how to prevent this?

but, if being hit by a rock, the crack will look something like this...

05_LaminatedGlass.enlarge.jpg

my car different, the crack was all over the glass...

but, if being hit by a rock, the crack will look something like this...

05_LaminatedGlass.enlarge.jpg

my car different, the crack was all over the glass...

just a difren level of impact. this 1 is directly turn into 'spiderman', other than that is just a small crack...day after day, will crack bigger & bigger due to air press...

my sisters suzuki swift arr oso window crack, coz the window frame dunno why somehow kenot hold the glass properly.

But its on warranty, change lor, preee mar

its because tempered glass. tempered glass once crack, all glass will crack to gazillion pieces..

another is laminated glass. laminated wont crack to pieces. might be just 1 or 2 crack..

*if im not wrong la..

if u leave ur car everyday under the sun,it can cos ur windshield to discolor.
like rainbow.that's what i know la.

for my experience if your front windscreen got a small hold or and tiny hold it will crack one day and finish...this due to the pressure of the wind that is hiting your windscreen from the opposite direction....i once drive a 15 year old toyota Liteace on a highway at about 70 KM/h and suddenly..."piang" the Windscreen broken in to tiny pieceses...that's scarry man lucky at the front and beside my Van there's no other car and i manage to block the glass that hit me and regain control or the Van otherwise it will be an accident...

is better to go for Double layer windscreen cause when it crack the second layer will hold the broken glass...and try to get a the insurance to insure your windscreen....

for my experience if your front windscreen got a small hold or and tiny hold it will crack one day and finish...this due to the pressure of the wind that is hiting your windscreen from the opposite direction....i once drive a 15 year old toyota Liteace on a highway at about 70 KM/h and suddenly..."piang" the Windscreen broken in to tiny pieceses...that's scarry man lucky at the front and beside my Van there's no other car and i manage to block the glass that hit me and regain control or the Van otherwise it will be an accident...

is better to go for Double layer windscreen cause when it crack the second layer will hold the broken glass...and try to get a the insurance to insure your windscreen....
V-cool can hold the windscreen as well....

oh shit...how bout stone chips? will it affect later on? i have a lil stone chip on my windscreen

Top Bottom