Aurora or Rainbow in the sky this afternoon?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

InitialD

1,000 RPM
I was in the car stuck in a jam along Jln Sg. Besi by the Sg. Besi airport this afternoon. We were heading towards KL. Then I noticed got cars stopping by the road side and the occupants all looking up to the sky..pointing and quite a few ppl who happend to have cameras with them began snapping photos.

At first I thot it was the interesting cloud formation in the sky or some plane flying or landing...but when I turn up to see.. oh wow!! I was spellbound by what I saw. So I quicky called my colleague who always bring along his camera with him. He was driving to KL too.. and he asked his girlfriend to snap a few photos. Below is a sample.

Share a few more photos taken by my photography friend.

315x450.aspx

600x399.aspx

Last edited:
hehe..i saw it too wen im on kerinchi link (Midvalley to hartamas)..damn nice! but too bad..no camera..actually wat makes it to be like tht?anyone can explain?!

hmm i thinks its them aleins la...
messing with our minds, trying to see what reaction we give when things like this happens, treating us like lab rats...

haha
well it seems to follow the clouds only, i'd say its a deflection of the sunlight by the water vapour in the clouds, normally u get rainbows when rain falls n the sunlight reflects off it
i guess this time the amount of water in the cloud is not too think n just thin enuf for the sun to penetrate at the right (lucky) angle and give that beautiful view...

hope i can get a better explanation too

cheers!

wah... at khatilistiwa zone also got aurora??.. last time learn in geography aurora only exist in north/south pole wo...
mayb its because of the haze again... haha... jz now i went out pump petrol also smell smoke again... hopefully its a false alarm... (location malacca)

auroras, caused by magnetic inteference lah.. i think...
dis one ah.. maybe rite they wanna do cloud seeding, but when they spray the fluid on da cloud the sun shine thru voila become liddat for us to see

i bet too many ppl using handphones at those area below, magnetic intereference! :biggrin:

according to te scienctific explanaton it is caused by magnetic fields?
hahaha..dunno la..but sure it's interesting to witness such a beautiful thing afterall..it's the aura of nature...i was just wondering if i could see such a thing when i looked at the sky hours ago...didn;t realise it really happens this afternoon..what a waste...

Wow! Damn good photos

satria_95 said:
Share a few more photos taken by my photography friend.

315x450.aspx

600x399.aspx

Dude! Don't tell it was your fren that I saw stopping his Proton Wira on the opposite side of the road ( heading out of KL ) with some friends and 1 or 2 of them had a camera.. and one of them looked like holding a DSLR.

What camera did he use to take these beautiful photos?? :)

InitialD,
Dude, try not to quote the photos ler. Have to scroll down a lot and also make loading time longer. hehehe :D Must save the wear to scroll in "Random girl's pic" thread. hahaha

My friend wears specs (those that look like frameless specs), short, kinda spiky clean cut hair style. He's using a Nikon D70. Unsure which lens though. Come la, buy D70 and join the photography society. hehehe Looks good on you when you hold it, and the sound of the shutter release also very chun! hehehe But nothing beats the great sounds of met rempits saying, "alamak, I jatuuohohadha aarrgghbbluuuerer" (sound of blood being crushed and forced into their throat) when they fall and get crushed by a truck. muahahaha

Oh and I came across this. Wonder if it could be an explanation to the one we saw?
http://www.northern-lights.no/english/what/cause.shtml

Last edited:
another answer i got was, rain might have been falling from a top layer of cloud to the bottom layer, the light reflecting off the high rain then causes the rainbow effect
normally u see a rain bow is semicircle cos the rain falls all the way to the ground, the light reflecting off all the water give the rainbow effect.

i think the rian from top cloud to lower cloud is good explanation as my fren said it happend before but the rain bow was a straight line

Top Bottom