Cameron Run

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
How about a Cameron Highland run for Hyundai owners.
PJ->Simpang Pulai-> Brinchang->Tanah Rata-Ringlet->Tapah->PJ

No speeding, follow speed limit and enjoy the ride and scenery. Expressway, good winding road, uphill and downhill (not like Genting). Sunshine, misty cool air.

PJ (7.30am)->Tapah(9.35am), washroom break , tea ->Simpang Pulai (10.45)->Cameron Highglands (12.30pm) lunch, jalan-jalan , visit Boh Tea factory, etc ->leave at 4.00pm ->Tapah (5.00pm)-> washroom break if needed->PJ (6.30pm).

Total mileage = 450km
Fuel = RM70 for Tiburon
Toll = RM 36
Meal/tea (variable) =estd RM20 per head
Driving fun=priceless
scenery=priceless
hearing the purring sound of your engine=rejuvenating
(and not forgetting purging the engine of carbon deposits)

How about it ?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
good suggestion! let's see how many hyundai owner interested with the idea. :)
actually a BBQ at PD is good also. :)

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
good idea but we need to know each other better first...if it is a big convoy, we may need a permit from Police. Will also be good if we can venture into amateur radio. Fren bugging me to get a license. Then we can communicate if we have a walkie talkie set.

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
If use amateur radio, need to pass exam and get licence. The normal FRS walkie talkie which does not need licence should be OK. Line of sight range is 5 KM but in car maybe 2 KM? Large convoy may also be difficult to drive - if it is large, better ask Kah Bintang or Hyumal to tolong. Should be free and easy driving.

@!eX_8475

Known Member
Mar 2, 2006
its a great idea...cameron n pd oso would be good...any suggested date? or mayb we should concentrate on HCC gathering 1st? i think at gathering can discuss ideas like this oso.. my opinion is, get the club goin, then will have plenty of chance for such activities...hehe

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
limch1,

Went for a Sunday drive to Cameron Highlands. Left Damansara Toll at 10.00 am and arrived back at 5.05pm. 462 km. petrol pumped full tank to full tank RM73 equivalent to 38 litres. Consumption worked out to 12km per litre.(anyone got better results than this ? ) Aircond all the way except for half an hour uphill drive from simpang pulai junction towards the junction near Blue Valley .

Not too happy with the consumption, expected better consumption since it is long distance driving, yes uphill driving but also downhill driving. Never exceeded 10kmh more than the legal speed limit.

But let me tell you, the handling of the Tiburon/turbulence is simply shiok everytime I drive along winding road and also uphill. The car seems more powerful in highlands maybe because the air is colder therefore denser and more enriched in oxygen (?) The car actually takes the corners beautifully and being a heavy machine, it gives you a solid feeling. If only I have another 20hp or so more, it would be great.

On the way back along the expressway there was a convoy of Toyota Wish. They can also fly even though MPV !

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
ektony, never know your Cameron highland trip materialise so fast.

yes, Toyota WISH club have their convoy to Teluk Intan for a great meal. :biggrin:

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
blacksamurai,

Just on the spur of the moment. If petrol has been cheaper...... Still not satisfied with the consumption , only 12km per litre and didn't drive like Ah Beng. Must be the weight of the car

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
take out rear seat, passenger seat, spare tires, clean the rear cabin, take down rear spoiler, the rubber protection under engine hood, change back to 14" stock rim, it will make a big different :biggrin:

this is what they did on drag battle.

Coupe hood is one of the heavy hood in the market. I believe Carbon fiber will help a lot, in US the popular evo hood price around USD 400-500.