brakes

zeone

May 23, 2006
Goodridge or ProRS...

Fr wat me read oledi, Goodridge definitely better quality cos dare 2give LIFETIME warranty mah...ProRS only 2yr nia...

Price-wise Goodridge also higher! Any1 knows cost for set for P Saga/Iswara? Price for same set by ProRS is RM290.

BTW any1 knows if can get Goodridge set specifically for P Saga/Iswara? Cos me not find such info on Net sites.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
"lifetime warranty" is kind of useless if they change to a differnet model every now and then... but good lar if they sell the same product for 10 years.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i heard frm my mech..he said if want to change brake pads better change the disc as well cos he said the disc might not tahan the new brake pads..is it true? what if i get the type that does not wear easily? will harm the brake disc rite? plz enlighten me

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
i heard frm my mech..he said if want to change brake pads better change the disc as well cos he said the disc might not tahan the new brake pads..is it true? what if i get the type that does not wear easily? will harm the brake disc rite? plz enlighten me
most pads will not harm the disc unless you use a racing pad. so unless your disc is already near or below the minimum thickness allowed, there is no need to change it. unless ofcourse you double you're engine's power and the disc cannot get enough cooling between stops XD.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ic...so need to do a little research first? hey does drilling holes in da brake rotor aid in cooling and braking power?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
ic...so need to do a little research first? hey does drilling holes in da brake rotor aid in cooling and braking power?
as far as i know, drilling helps preventing brakefade and improve pedal feel, it does not help in cooling and it will make the disc more fragile, which means if you brake like a maniac it will crack.

braking power i'm not sure, but i belive the more disc surface there is, the better the braking power.

there is no need to change the brakes unless you'ved pushed it to the limit and figure out there's not enough braking power. If you want to have that "press abit and it imediately stop" kind of feeling i do suggest you either change the pads, or the master cylinder. I myself didn't change the pads but i change the master cylinder and my braking power improves alot. no more excercise leg when braking.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic...i want the "press a bit the it immediately stop" feeling..gives me more security..tyres do play a role in braking right? my tyres are wearing out...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
brake too powerful also a bad thing, especially if it is more powerful than your engine. when i first change my master cylinder i keep on locking my wheels and i can no longer heel-toe when reach a corner cuz the car stop too fast.

yes tire play big roll in stopping ofcourse. tire no grip will make it easier to lock, which is bad. my idea of a good tire is one that has the most grip that you can afford and live with.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ic...thanks for the info and advice.. hey izit good to fix another 2 additional gauges in my car? i have cases in the past when my battery suddenly bail out on me..so i plan to fix voltmeter and water temperature gauge..what's ur opinion bro?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
noler.... if u change new brake pads, best is to skim ur brake disc as well...
no need change new brake disc ler... brake disc expensive.... usually can use for vr long time, unless if u keep skimming it every month la...

brake too powerful also a bad thing, especially if it is more powerful than your engine. when i first change my master cylinder i keep on locking my wheels and i can no longer heel-toe when reach a corner cuz the car stop too fast.

yes tire play big roll in stopping ofcourse. tire no grip will make it easier to lock, which is bad. my idea of a good tire is one that has the most grip that you can afford and live with.
agree agree... i've changed vr4 brake pump in my car...
now cannot do heel-toe braking adi... coz the car stops too fast... hahaha... no point in doing heel-toe technique adi...

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i think i'd better tukar brake pad liao..my mech told me bosch one good but will have noise...shud i go for it? gimme ur opinion guys.. if tukar brake pad and master cylinder 2gether better effect right?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
i think i'd better tukar brake pad liao..my mech told me bosch one good but will have noise...shud i go for it? gimme ur opinion guys.. if tukar brake pad and master cylinder 2gether better effect right?
remember the master brake cylinder must change to a bigger one, if just change to a new one of the same size probably no effect.

i would change one by one, if pad already no good then change pad first.. if pad still good then change the master cylinder. but thats just me lar...

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic.. there is an old saying that goes: if it ain't broken don't fix it. hehe.. i like the way u think man..eh how come suddenly i become senior member one? i tot i was doomed 2 be a junior member 4eva..lolx

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,i own a waja and recently pay a visit to an accessory shop.
The shop taukeh recommend me to use voltage stabilizer to improve performance.
He took a digital battery tester and showed me that my car battery cca is very low.
He said "waja should be 500cca & urs only 350cca.Ur FC should be very high"
I have to agree on him on FC due to my waja FC so high past one year.
My waja just 5 years old.
Then the taukeh plug in one VS on my car and ask me to test drive.
During test drive,i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience