bittorrent file

rayz85

Known Member
any idea how to view a bittorrent file (video) while u downloading it...jz to ensurre im not downloadin wrong file n very lazy to wait til da video finish

can i know how you download the file ?? cos bittorrent normally using a installer to download one !! it just like kazaa ... although you can download straight from the webpage but the file is not viewable.. however, i'm here to advice you not to choose bittorrent ... because the installer will actually over boost your harddisk speed limit to accept the file !! after certain period then you will found bad sector in ur hard disk one ... but i did heard ppl say there are some bittorrent has no this problem !! so i'm not so sure about this also !! :D

please don't mislead people. read this regarding bit torrent killing your hdd

the file(s) you're downloading using bit torrent is splitted to many smaller chunks many times over as your send and receive more little chunks.

basically MPEG files don't have a program if you don't download the whole file you can still view some of it until EOF but AVI/DIVX can't you need the whole file to view it even if one byte is missing you can't view the movie.

compression formats like ZIP/RAR also, can view the contents until you have the whole file.

I have switch from Kazaa to Bittorrent ever since I found I could get up to 100KB per sec using Bittorrent. Bittorent is designed for Broadband usage.

Wat bittorrent does is that it allows the packet's to be bigger..so faster downloading.

Yeap, use Bit Tornado client and follow the instructions. But you gotta fuck around with your firewall/internet settings abit first :lol:

download here

It maybe slow becoz of two reasons. The ports you're using is blocked by your ISP (tmnet or whoever). Secondly some clients work better on certain OS, eg. bit tornado sux on win98 but is a gem on my XP, haven't tried the mac and linux one yet :huh:

If I am not mistaken bit torrent uses your up and downstream much more efficiently thats why you get better speeds coz you're connected to more seeders and peers to download from. Plus the packets are _SMALLER_ thats why its faster, bigger packets require more error checking thus will be slower ;)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom