bittorrents prob

menghua84

Known Member
my bittorent seems can't function at all... canot conect to tracker also.. can't download a single thing.. y? can u guys download?

I am a newbie to bittorent. Using a client called Bitcomet. So far able to download.
Maybe if you are using windows XP ( SP2 ), u must disable your personal firewall.

Or if you are behind a firewall/router/access point, u must open the bittorent port.

I am a newbie to bittorent. Using a client called Bitcomet. So far able to download.
Maybe if you are using windows XP ( SP2 ), u must disable your personal firewall.

Or if you are behind a firewall/router/access point, u must open the bittorent port.

yes i am using xp SP2... somehow i can download b4 this.. then after that canot oledi... how to disable my personal firewall? windows 1 or program like zonealarm?

Just leave ur d/l longer, if more than 1 or 2 hour still cant connect to tracker or ur d/l wont start, then u can give up liaw... :lol:

best you read all the faqs online. Tons of them available. Very hard to trouble shoot from here. Using SP2 firewall shouldnt be a problem if you get the settings right. Only so far Zone Alarm not too compatible

well last nite my fren teach me to forward port from the modem settings.. somehow it did work.. but some downloads stil canot get tru...

i'm downloading the latest tvb series... kam chi yuk yip.. speed quite good... can reach around 28KB/s .. but stil got some downloads canot download.. hai~

Bittorrent tips:
1. IMPORTANT! Set your port to other than 6881-6889 (anywhere from 41952 - 65535, not the whole range). Some ISPs are blocking/throttling these ports (and other p2p ports). It may be the cause of your slow downloads!
2. Always maintain at least a 1:1 ul/dl ratio, especially at the sites where you have to register. It's good for you (e.g. you can get priority downloads @ torrentbits) and it's good for the community.
3. Brian's BitTorrent FAQ & Guide - For further reading including explanation to error messages.
4. Torrentspy - Check torrent seeds/peers & other info without starting a download. Doesn't work with all trackers.
5. DO NOT USE ZONE ALARM 5.0!
6. PortForward.com - How to set up your router/firewall properly; huge list (I'm sure you'll find your router there).

Cheers! B)

For best BT experience, do the following:

1. Open TCP ports 6881 to 6889 on your PC or router.

To disable WinXP SP2 firewall, go to Security Center and select Off. However, u can set the firewall to allow certain ports such as above.

2. Cap your outgoing bandwidth to 3kB/sec or 6kB/sec, this will prevent BT client from hogging all your available bandwidth.

I capped mine at 3kB/sec and can download up to max 40kB/sec *using standard 384k Streamyx at home. It may take a little longer to download but my home PC is online 24x7.

thanks guys.. that portforward.com really helped a lot...

so any 1 know any website provides the info setting up my modem? i mean those PPPoe setup la... dns ar.. duno la.. all now my modem is factory setting.. duno need to set something or not... my modem hav a diagnostics page where can ping out i think... n it shows that DNS error... make me feel bad of it onli...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom